    for me. (Sounds like a lesson in life if you ask me. )

    Help me, please.

    carl o
    CarlO, May 4, 2005

  2. CarlO wrote:
    > It took me a week to get the settings, wires, software, configure and
    > then partition the thing, a Seagate, and thanks to their web site
    > software it's done...BUT then I've lost my contact to my CD Drives. I
    > had one set as a secondary master and the other a RW as a secondary
    > slave. They worked before and I believe they still work now but I
    > need to see them to make them work for me. (Sounds like a lesson in
    > life if you ask me. )
    >
    > Help me, please.
    >
    > carl o

    Hmmm. Maybe you could try to install Service Pak 2. If that doesn't help,
    check the jumper settings on the drives.
    --
    - Frank DeLucca -

    MS-MPV
    Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV, May 4, 2005

  3. CarlO wrote:

    > It took me a week to get the settings, wires, software, configure and then
    > partition the thing, a Seagate, and thanks to their web site software it's
    > done...BUT then I've lost my contact to my CD Drives. I had one set as a
    > secondary master and the other a RW as a secondary slave. They worked
    > before and I believe they still work now but I need to see them to make
    > them work for me. (Sounds like a lesson in life if you ask me. )

    Assuming you use XP, you will have to take a peek at the manglement.
    Right-click on the workplace symbol - management, and from the tree left
    chose "drive management" or similar (German linux desktop here, so I can't
    help you with the exact phrase). Change the driveletters to something not
    yet occupied.
    If you don't find your cd drives, double-check the cable from the 2nd ide
    channel to them. Do they eject when the button is pressed?

    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.11-mm4[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
    Walter Mautner, May 4, 2005
  4. CarlO

    Parko Guest

    Walter Mautner wrote with a thumbnail dipped in tar:

    > Assuming you use XP, you will have to take a peek at the manglement.

    <chuckles> Most appropriate.
    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345