    wrong?
    Thanks for any info.

    JCRitchie

    John Ritchie, Aug 8, 2007

  2. John Ritchie wrote:
    > I have an old Bluelight computer with Windows 98se, a 633 mg processor
    > and enough memory. I got an external modem to replace the messd up
    > intenal modem I had. I got on the intenet OK but after I downloaded the
    > McAfee virus scan program free from MSN, my modem stopped working (or
    > something).
    > I'll try deleting McAfee and see what happens. Any idea what went
    > wrong?
    > Thanks for any info.
    >
    > JCRitchie

    Can you provide us with the three digit DUN/RAS code so we can go
    through the list of possibilities. Sometimes windows does not produce
    errors you may need to go to my computer, dial up networking and open
    your dial up connection and dial from there. Thanks.

    Capt. Barbossa, Aug 8, 2007

  3. John Ritchie

    John Ritchie Guest

    How do I find the DUN/RAS numbers? Thanks.

    JCRitchie

    John Ritchie, Aug 8, 2007
  4. John Ritchie

    Guest

    On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 06:38:35 -0400, (John Ritchie)
    wrote:

    > I have an old Bluelight computer with Windows 98se, a 633 mg processor
    >and enough memory. I got an external modem to replace the messd up
    >intenal modem I had. I got on the intenet OK but after I downloaded the
    >McAfee virus scan program free from MSN, my modem stopped working (or
    >something).
    > I'll try deleting McAfee and see what happens. Any idea what went
    >wrong?
    > Thanks for any info.
    >
    >JCRitchie

    dump mcafee...go get 'avast'. it's free...it's got great reviews and
    it works with my antique windows 98 se computer.

    , Aug 11, 2007