Installed Hardware-Can't install Drivers

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by mystro, Dec 29, 2004.

  1. mystro

    mystro Guest

    Greets all

    I have a new 40 gb ipod connected to an xp machine through a usb2.0 - I
    plug the ipod in and the new hardware wizard comes up - found new
    device apple ipod etc - then get message that hardware cannot be
    installed - no driver can be found - the software that came with ipod
    is installed but cannot see the ipod in ipod manager or as an
    additional hard drive - on this machine the same thing happened when I
    installed a second WD SATA HDD it's working but also needs drivers -
    Device Manager it sees the Ipod but naturally it has an exclamation
    mark and cannot find the drivers. Unfortunutly I don't have my xp-pro
    cd with me..I'm 800 miles from home on a work project - any ideas?
    Cannot find anything at driverguide.com that might help but I may not
    be looking in the right place,I can live with the HDD problem since
    it's working but I've got to get this iPod installed...HELP!
    Xp-pro
    abit ic-7
    pc
    mystro, Dec 29, 2004

  2. mystro

    PJB Guest

    "mystro" <> wrote in message
    > Greets all
    >
    > I have a new 40 gb ipod connected to an xp machine through a usb2.0 - I
    > plug the ipod in and the new hardware wizard comes up - found new
    > device apple ipod etc - then get message that hardware cannot be
    > installed - no driver can be found - the software that came with ipod
    > is installed but cannot see the ipod in ipod manager or as an
    > additional hard drive - on this machine the same thing happened when I
    > installed a second WD SATA HDD it's working but also needs drivers -
    > Device Manager it sees the Ipod but naturally it has an exclamation
    > mark and cannot find the drivers. Unfortunutly I don't have my xp-pro
    > cd with me..I'm 800 miles from home on a work project - any ideas?
    > Cannot find anything at driverguide.com that might help but I may not
    > be looking in the right place,I can live with the HDD problem since
    > it's working but I've got to get this iPod installed...HELP!
    > Xp-pro
    > abit ic-7
    > pc

    usually, with USB devices, manufacturers advise installing the software from
    the cd first, then connecting the device, Windoze finds it and installs the
    driver automatically.

    usually ;-)

    P.
    PJB, Dec 29, 2004

  3. mystro

    mystro Guest

    Yup,I did follow ipod's exact (I think) directions and only plugged the
    pod in when advised..whatever issue I'm having is also the reason the
    second sata hdd doesn't have drivers I'm almost sure. :(
    mystro, Dec 29, 2004