Installed Hardware-Can't install Drivers

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by mystro, Dec 29, 2004.

  1. mystro

    mystro Guest

    Greets all

    I have a new 40 gb ipod connected to an xp machine through a usb2.0 - I
    plug the ipod in and the new hardware wizard comes up - found new
    device apple ipod etc - then get message that hardware cannot be
    installed - no driver can be found - the software that came with ipod
    is installed but cannot see the ipod in ipod manager or as an
    additional hard drive - on this machine the same thing happened when I
    installed a second WD SATA HDD it's working but also needs drivers -
    Device Manager it sees the Ipod but naturally it has an exclamation
    mark and cannot find the drivers. Unfortunutly I don't have my xp-pro
    cd with me..I'm 800 miles from home on a work project - any ideas?
    Cannot find anything at driverguide.com that might help but I may not
    be looking in the right place,I can live with the HDD problem since
    it's working but I've got to get this iPod installed...HELP!
    Xp-pro
    abit ic-7
    pc
    mystro, Dec 29, 2004