    install it, I only get the 32 bit version installed.

    Thanks in advance,

    Mark Moreaux

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBNb3JlYXV4?=, Aug 8, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBNb3JlYXV4?=

    Theo Guest

    My experience with Windows Server 2003 is that you have to
    have to a separate, distinct, disc for each version - 1 for
    x64 & 1 for x86. I personally have never encountered a W.
    S. 2K3 disc with both versions on one.

    Theo, Aug 8, 2007

  3. Mark Moreaux wrote:

    >I am trying to install an IBM server with Microsoft Windows Server 2003 X64
    >stand. version. I have a diskkit witch should contain both 32 and 64 bit
    >versions.

    >Can someone tell me how I have to select witch version to install ? If I
    >install it, I only get the 32 bit version installed.

    You need the two disks marked x64, and start with CD1 of that set.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Aug 8, 2007
  4. Thanks for the replies, it seems that I had a disk kit dat does not support
    64 bit installation. The kit I have is the dutch version of Windows Server
    2003 Stand. and it is only available in English or Deutsch.

    Mark Moreaux

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBNb3JlYXV4?=, Aug 8, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBNb3JlYXV4?=

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    A side-note, actually:
    I believe you will find that the 'Deutsch' version is German language
    rather than Dutch. And it probably makes no difference to you since, on
    the balance of probabilities, you will be using the English version. ;-)

    Tom

    Tom Ferguson, Aug 9, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBNb3JlYXV4?=

    Theo Guest

    You very right about "Deutsch" being German. Deutsch is the
    German word for German, not Dutch.

    Theo, Aug 9, 2007
  7. I am having this same problem. I receive the MSDN packages of software. On
    the CD/DVD it shows on the labels that it contains both the x64 version of
    Windows 2003 Server R2 and one without the x64 reference.

    When I boot the CD/DVD I am only given a choice to install the 32bit version
    and the x64 version does not show up.

    The package (and following updates) show the same distinction on the labels.
    I see it labeled Windows 2003 Server R2 and Windows 2003 Server x64 R2.
    Also included in the MSDN package is product keys for both versions.
    However, I have yet to figure out how to install the x64 version from this
    particular cd/dvd.

    I have a 2.4 ghz Xeon processor and the mobo supports the EM64 technology as
    well. I'm totally stumped.

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9iIFNhdW5kZXJz?=, Oct 13, 2007
  8. See my answer in your other thread.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 13, 2007
  9. Rob Saunders wrote:

    >I am having this same problem. I receive the MSDN packages of software.
    >On
    >the CD/DVD it shows on the labels that it contains both the x64 version of
    >Windows 2003 Server R2 and one without the x64 reference.
    >
    >When I boot the CD/DVD I am only given a choice to install the 32bit
    >version
    >and the x64 version does not show up.

    If you read the readme notes on the disc, it tells you that you cannot
    install x64 from the supplied bootable discs, and that you must find the
    x64 ISO and burn an x64 disc from that.

    There are no visual clues during setup about x86/x64 versioning.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Oct 14, 2007