    to install Windows xp64 I get a screen telling me that my operating system is
    not compatible with my processor. Are there any drivers available that will
    allow me to install xp64 on my system, or am I just screwed?

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=, Aug 7, 2005

  2. No, you need a AMD64/EM64T processor to run Windows XP Pro x64 Edition.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 7, 2005

  3. What Andre said. Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is only installable on
    processors that are 64-bit x64 processors. Your Intel processor is,
    unfortunately, not x64 compatible. When looking at Intel processors, the key
    is to look for "EM64T" compatibility. From AMD it's easier -- 64 is included
    in the processor name usually (thus Athlon 64, Turion 64, etc.), with the
    exception of the Opteron. And all Opteron processors are 64-bit processors.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 7, 2005