    installd on this machine
    by the way i use win xp sp2
    thnx
    =?Utf-8?B?WmlvUw==?=, May 28, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?WmlvUw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    And your point is?

    John Barnes, May 28, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?WmlvUw==?=

    Rick Guest

    Then you should believe the error message!

    It is telling you you do not have a 64-bit capable CPU and therefore you
    cannot install Win x64!

    Rick, May 28, 2006
  4. It is telling you you do not have a 64-bit capable CPU and therefore you
    cannot install Win x64!

    my CPU is good 2.4 and my ram is 256
    =?Utf-8?B?WmlvUw==?=, May 28, 2006
  5. It doesn't matter that your CPU is "good". It only matters if your CPU is a
    64bit CPU. Yours isn't, clearly, from the error message.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 28, 2006
  6. I also had trouble loading the 64-bit version in my new laptop. I have an
    AMD Turion which is a 64-bit processor but it still failed. I traced the
    problem to bad drivers. I did not have the proper drivers for everything
    else that is in the laptop. I contacted Compaq and they said that they don't
    have the drivers written. They sent me to
    http://wiki.planetamd64.com/index.php/drivers I haven't tried reloading yet.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGFzaGFz?=, May 29, 2006
  7. yes, driver problems can cause an error as well. But not the specific error
    the OP had.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64