    Thank you in Advance

    Merci a l'Avance

    Martin

    Martin Racette, May 12, 2006

  2. Monsieur Martin:
    1.- Are you installing x64 on a separate partition? (don't do that on the
    same partition than winxp 32-bit)
    2.- Unplug as many devices as you can (scanner, printer, sound card, etc.)
    and start the installation again.
    3.- Are you installing to regular IDE or raid or SATA? There might be a
    driver (pilote) that is needed for the last two options (dernier deux options)
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 13, 2006

  3. I'm installing on another partition, I will dual boot between the two of them

    I'm installing on a SATA drive and I did press F6 and installed the two drivers
    that are needed for my controllers

    --
    Thank you in Advance

    Merci a l'Avance

    Martin

    Martin Racette, May 13, 2006
  4. remove ANY USB devices and try again. Usually keyboards and mice are OK, but
    any USB storage device will almost certainly be a problem.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 13, 2006
  5. Ok, I removed any and all USB device, and even unplugged the video capture card
    and the second video card (SLI system), to no avail, Istill go upto the point
    where it says "SETUP IS STARTING WINDOWS", and then nothing is happening

    --
    Thank you in Advance

    Merci a l'Avance

    Martin

    Martin Racette, May 15, 2006
  6. Martin Racette

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    I'm curious...
    If you don't load the F6 drivers, does it get past this point?

    (It may very well get past that point and complain about there being no
    place to install Windows, but, that might point at a problem with those
    drivers.)

    What SATA controller are you using? Is there any RAID setup?

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, May 15, 2006
  7. Martin Racette

    Rick Guest

    If it's a nVidia RAID there apparently are some problem with the RAID
    drivers. There was several posts here last week, or the week before,
    about it and a link to a site with a resolution, but I didn't keep track
    of it because I have Via chips and the F6 selection has always worked
    for me.

    Some of the Via boards now have a choice between RAID or SATA for the
    Via SATA controller, and if you select SATA you don't need any drivers
    via F6 when installing either Win x64 or XP 32-bit. The SATA drives
    then show up as IDE drives.

    Rick, May 15, 2006
  8. I tried what you suggested and I still get the same result

    BTW, I use the SATA controller onboard, of an A8N-SLI Deluxe from ASUS, my boot
    drive is on the Nvidia SATA controller, and I have a drive connected to the
    Silicon Image as well, I tried to installed only one of them and I still get the
    same result

    --
    Thank you in Advance

    Merci a l'Avance

    Martin

    Martin Racette, May 16, 2006
  9. Martin Racette

    Rick Guest

    I have copied a previous post about nVidia's on-board SATA/RAID problem.
    It's not the one I was looking for, but this appears to be a known
    problem with nVidia boards:

    Subject: Re: XP64 Installs ok, won't boot
    Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 02:53:32 -0400
    From: Chris Kushnir <>
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

    The S2895 uses the nForce4 Pro chipset (like my board Supermicro H8DCE).

    I had the same problem installing on my system.
    The first reboot to a 'live' screen whould fail with a BSOD.

    The problem as i've researched it:
    - Using a floppy via F6 durring install will install the nForce drivers
    (which are unsigned)
    - The first live boot checks and finds older, but signed, MS drivers and,
    being clever, installs them over the nForce ones
    - You're system is now hosed

    This is usually only a problem on systems where the boot drive is a RAID
    partition (using nForce RAID) using SATA drives.

    I setup my boot drive to be 2 mirrored SATA drives using the nForce RAID
    bios.
    The _only_ way i was able to get an install to work was to create a
    slipstream install disk with the nForce drivers.
    I used nLite: http://www.nliteos.com/

    Good luck,
    cmk

    Rick, May 16, 2006