    but am not so sure that is a good idea.

    Any thoughts/or suggestions are welcome. This seems to be the only thing
    keeping the sound and subsequently the entire system from working properly.
    =?Utf-8?B?ZG9uYWxkNTI=?=, Jan 10, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZG9uYWxkNTI=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Are you sure you have nVidia sound drivers and not RealTek drivers used on
    most motherboards.

    John Barnes, Jan 10, 2006

  3. Maybe there is an issue with search a Virtual CD Image, why not burn it to a
    physical blank disk and try again?
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 10, 2006
  4. Sorry for the slow response. I appretiate any suggestions you may have.

    John, I DL'd the drivers from nvidia directly onto the PC in question. I
    have also tried the drivers from the ABIT. It looks like it is the Nvidia
    driver just repackaged. It yielded the same results.

    Andre, I have burned the image to at least three seperate disks. Each
    yields the same result. I will try DLing the file directly and see if I can
    access it that way. I will post my results this weekend.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZG9uYWxkNTI=?=, Jan 14, 2006
  5. I managed to get the installation to work by reinstalling the sound driver
    from within the device manager. I clicked to reinstall the driver, driver
    installation appeared the same, but this time it worked. Previous attempts
    to install the driver were by dbl clicking the driver file. I don't
    understand the difference, but whatever...

    Thanks for your help.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZG9uYWxkNTI=?=, Jan 14, 2006