    clicked on it got the windows main screen "what do you want to do" clicked
    arrow - install windows xp then nothing just sits there, tried other5 other
    arrows some work most don't
    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9lZzU2MQ==?=, May 31, 2005

  2. Where did you download those files again? Anyway, if its the iso image, you
    have to burn it CD, not copy it, do not extract the ISO, thats the bad way
    to do it. You need boot off the Windows XP Professional x64 CD-ROM to do the
    installation, can't run setup from within 32 bit Windows.

    Instructions for burning ISO using either Nero or Easy CD Creator:
    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 1, 2005

  3. Trust this may help:
    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

    Rafael Rivera
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/Rafael

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], Jun 1, 2005
  4. Ok burned the cd, it was an iso file that I got from microsoft. shut down my
    system and tried to boot from cd it won't work, just reads disk and then goes
    into normal setup. Microsoft insturctions just say put the disk in and it
    shuld self start and load automaticaslly, never said anything about
    booting... what do I do now?????

    =?Utf-8?B?amdyYWQ1NjE=?=, Jun 1, 2005
  5. Did what you said downloaded it to cd, tried to setup progam nothing works,
    even tried to download a second time thinking that the first may have been
    corupted, but nothing works itr just sits there, tried to usae this to boot
    from and still nothing. HELP///////////////////////

    =?Utf-8?B?amdyYWQ1NjE=?=, Jun 1, 2005
  6. jgrad561 <> wrote:
    > Ok burned the cd, it was an iso file that I got from microsoft. shut
    > down my system and tried to boot from cd it won't work, just reads
    > disk and then goes into normal setup. Microsoft insturctions just say
    > put the disk in and it shuld self start and load automaticaslly,
    > never said anything about booting... what do I do now?????

    Maybe I'll say something stupid but are you sure that your bios allows you
    to boot on your CD driver ?
    Check if it is the case.

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy, Jun 1, 2005
  7. Not that dumb, yes it was activated a while back. checks first cd, then a
    drive then defaults to c.....

    =?Utf-8?B?amdyYWQ1NjE=?=, Jun 1, 2005
  8. jgrad561 <> wrote:
    > Not that dumb, yes it was activated a while back. checks first cd,
    > then a drive then defaults to c.....

    Was just a try.
    Looks like you have a problem with your CD.
    Try to burn the iso file again. You may use soft like MagicIso to check if
    your CD is bootable.

    Cheers

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 1, 2005
  9. Boot into your older Windows OS. Insert the x64 install cd and look at the
    contents of the cd. Is there one file there with the iso file extension? If
    so, you've burned the cd incorrectly.

    Use a program like Nero. If you use the current version of Nero, go to the
    RECORDER pull down menu and select BURN IMAGE. The select the iso file and it
    will correctly create the cd for you.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmVfYm9vdA==?=, Jun 1, 2005
  10. Try this:
    http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/Beta.htm

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 1, 2005
  11. did you mean "incorrectly" ?, because every time I burn the cd no what matter
    program I am using I only get 1 fiole with the iso extention.

    =?Utf-8?B?amdyYWQ1NjE=?=, Jun 1, 2005
  12. No wonder it won't work. You need to create a CD from that image, not copy
    the image file to the CD. See:
    For excellent instructions on how to write an ISO file to a CD correctly, I
    recommend:
    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

    for excellent instructions on burning an ISO image correctly.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 1, 2005
  13. tried isorecorder and it worked perfectly, copied the file and this time had
    iso on the icon so I knew it was different. went to install from start up but
    stopped it, have a question. I noticed that this windows is only good for 180
    days, what happens after 180?? and this also says that it needs a clean disk
    does this mean that the disk will be wiped clean with only windows left or
    does it mean that windows 64 will replace the other windows and all the rest
    of my programs and files will be in tact???

    =?Utf-8?B?amdyYWQ1NjE=?=, Jun 1, 2005
  14. Give thanks to Charlie and Alex for that. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 1, 2005
  15. After 180 days, it stops working. You can then install the operating system
    of your choice. If you wish to continue using XP Professional x64 Edition,
    you can buy a copy, and install it using an in-place upgrade.

    If you install it to the same disk as your current windows, it will wipe out
    that version and install this new version. Your programs and settings WILL
    NOT BE MIGRATED. I don't have a copy of the trial, so I don't know if it will
    completely format the drive or not, but I don't believe so. If you install
    it to another disk, your existing Windows will remain, and you will be able
    to dual boot, choosing 32-bit Windows XP or Windows XP Professional x64
    Edition when you first boot your computer.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 1, 2005