Installation of XP without disk

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Guest, Aug 24, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    buy a USB CD-ROM and plug it in and load your OS

    EBAY. It has no OS
    >installed. It also has no CD rom port. I want to

    install xp or ME on this
    >computer. I know very little about computers, especially

    running strictly

    Guest, Aug 24, 2004

  2. Guest

    Gerard Bok Guest

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:55:30 -0700,
    <> wrote:

    >buy a USB CD-ROM and plug it in and load your OS

    Sounds like a bad advice. His laptop lacks an OS so he won't have
    USB support :)

    --
    Kind regards,
    Gerard Bok

    Gerard Bok, Aug 25, 2004

  3. Guest

    nerd32768 Guest

    > >buy a USB CD-ROM and plug it in and load your OS
    >
    > Sounds like a bad advice. His laptop lacks an OS so he won't have
    > USB support :)

    Most new computers have BIOS support for USB devices.

    nerd32768, Aug 26, 2004
  4. Guest

    Gerard Bok Guest

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:09:09 -0500, "nerd32768"
    <nerd{nospam}> wrote:

    >> >buy a USB CD-ROM and plug it in and load your OS

    >> Sounds like a bad advice. His laptop lacks an OS so he won't have
    >> USB support :)

    >Most new computers have BIOS support for USB devices.

    Sure. But most new laptops come with Win XP pre-installed :)

    (Hint: it's a Dell, it comes from ebay and did not have an OS. )

    (As we are discussing this in microsoft.public.certification
    more then elsewhere the rule applies: READ THE QUESTION first,
    then read it again..... :)

    --
    Kind regards,
    Gerard Bok