    case of 64 bit platforms.
    My system is win xp pro 64 bit, on board realtek hd audio system. Couldu
    please help me ?
    tural, Mar 1, 2008

  2. tural

    Theo Guest

    Are you sure you have the 64-bit driver and are you sure
    it's the right on for you motherboard?

    You should be so kind as to tell us exactly what your
    hardware is; i.e., exactly what motherboard, or computer
    system, make and model do you have?

    Theo, Mar 1, 2008

  3. tural

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Most of the times, don't know why, my downloads from Realtek result in
    corrupted exe's.
    Try downloading the zip version.
    If everything is Ok, you will get no errors when unzipping the file and you
    will be sure that you don't have corruption in the installation files.
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
    The other thing to take into account is you are sure that you need the HD
    drivers or the "regular" AC97 ones.
    Read your motherboard manual and see what chipset you have in there.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Mar 1, 2008
  4. If it is a HD sound chip, then you may need a special KB update for XP of a
    number I cannot remember - this should be written in your documentation, or
    I can try and look it up later! Carlos, may know about that one?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 1, 2008
  5. tural

    Carlos Guest

    Tony,
    This is the only KB I could find related to HD audio.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/937077/en-us
    Carlos

    Carlos, Mar 1, 2008
  6. Unfortunately, my HD sound chip is on that 'other' machine, which I cannot
    access, I found this bit of text on the system CD:

    ***
    Due to an engineering error, the HD Audio bus driver that shipped in
    Server 2003 SP1 and Windows XP x64 Edition contains what is
    called ¡§time bomb¡¨ functionality that prevents the use of the
    binary after a certain date. That date was August 1st 2005 and users may
    find their audio device stop working after that date.

    If the following conditions are true, the computer Intel High
    Definition audio functionality unexpectedly quits working:¡E
    The computer is running either Microsoft Windows Server 2003
    Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

    ¡E The computer has an Intel High Definition audio device.

    CAUSE
    This problem occurs because of a problem in the Intel High
    Definition audio driver that
    is included with Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP Professional x64
    Edition.

    The Download Center URLs will be as follows:

    WS03

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...06-15B3-4A65-8C52-746BEB24E86C&displaylang=en

    WS03 x64

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...06-50EE-4458-902F-F9FC59201B04&displaylang=en

    WinXP x64

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...F1-065C-41E8-A148-9D79BD9D24F9&displaylang=en

    The reason this happened has been addressed for future OS releases.

    ***

    I have not the faintest idea if this applies in this situation or on this
    particular hardware, it was just something I remembered (half way).

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 1, 2008