    I have removed Mozilla from my computer, but if anyone has a solution I
    would like to reinstall it and at least evaluate it.

    Thanks in advance.

    dot, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Moz Champion wrote:

    > dot dot wrote:
    >
    >> Some time ago I tried to install Netscape but when it came to my
    >> server settings every time that I tried to send mail it came back with
    >> an error message "graeme doyle username not found". Netscape would
    >> not send the dot in the middle of my name, only a space. I was not
    >> overly annoyed so I just removed Netscape.
    >>
    >> As a big fan of Thunderbird and Firefox which both work better than
    >> I.E.6 I decided to try Mozilla. Set it all up but when I tried to
    >> send a message it kept coming back with the error "username not
    >> found". I double checked my settings and they definately showed
    >> graeme.doyle.
    >>
    >> I assume that it is the same problem that Netscape had.
    >>
    >> I have removed Mozilla from my computer, but if anyone has a solution
    >> I would like to reinstall it and at least evaluate it.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.

    > Both Mozilla and Netscape accept dots in email names (take a look at
    > mine above as an example)
    >
    > did you double check the domain part of the address in the account
    > settings? A spelling error there may result in an erroneous error of not
    > found. You didnt include a proper email address on this one, so I cannot
    > suggest what the final form should be
    >
    > for example, in the account setting for this account
    > it reads
    > Your Name Moz Champion
    > Email Address
    >
    > (and the email account reads the same way)
    >
    > is your domain name (to the right of the @ symbol) correct?

    yes I double checked them, I will reinstall Mozilla and let you know how
    I go. Sorry about the dodot but I had been playing with my username to
    try and cut down the viruses I was getting in my mail.

    graeme@invalid, Aug 27, 2004

  3. Moz Champion wrote:
    > graeme@invalid wrote:
    >
    >> Moz Champion wrote:

    >>> Both Mozilla and Netscape accept dots in email names (take a look at
    >>> mine above as an example)
    >>>
    >>> did you double check the domain part of the address in the account
    >>> settings? A spelling error there may result in an erroneous error of
    >>> not found. You didnt include a proper email address on this one, so I
    >>> cannot suggest what the final form should be
    >>>
    >>> for example, in the account setting for this account
    >>> it reads
    >>> Your Name Moz Champion
    >>> Email Address
    >>>
    >>> (and the email account reads the same way)
    >>>
    >>> is your domain name (to the right of the @ symbol) correct?
    >>>

    >> yes I double checked them, I will reinstall Mozilla and let you know
    >> how I go. Sorry about the dodot but I had been playing with my
    >> username to try and cut down the viruses I was getting in my mail.

    > Oh, that wasnt an implied suggestion that you DO use a valid email on
    > newsgroups, not using one is an accepted method of cutting down on
    > exposure after all. I simply mentioned it because it removed any
    > possibility of suggesting what the mistake could be is all.
    >
    > Personally, I use a valid email address no matter where I go or what I
    > do on newsgroups. The built in Junk Mail Filter (JMC) on
    > Mozilla/Netscape 7 catches most spam (running about 99% these days).
    > Viruses never bother me, as I simply refuse to open any attachments in
    > email (without quarantining them for a week and then checking them for a
    > virus anyway). Since viruses have to be enscapulated within attachments,
    > thats has kept me virus free since 1992
    >
    > Besides, I'm on a Mac, using OS X, and am effectively immune to viruses,
    > trojans and hacking attempts (so far anyway <g>)
    > :)

    I have tried Mozilla again, it logged me into my default homepage as
    graeme.doyle and everything looked normal. Went to mail and got the
    error message"sending of username did not succeed. Mail server[which was
    correct] responded. Mate try:user <username>".

    I then tried to send myself an Email. The from username and server
    names were correct. When I sent the mail I got a request for my password
    for graeme doyle [no dot]. I sent the password and got an error message
    that it was incorrect. I rang my server technical support and verified
    that I had sent the correct password.

    I was unable to find where my mail details are kept in Mozilla.
    Also there appears to be no way of importing my favorite pages/address
    book from firefox and thunderbird. Plenty of choices to import fom
    Internet Explorer.

    Any help appreciated

    graeme@invalid, Aug 27, 2004
  4. Moz Champion wrote:
    > graeme@invalid wrote:
    >
    >> Moz Champion wrote:

    >>> Oh, that wasnt an implied suggestion that you DO use a valid email on
    >>> newsgroups, not using one is an accepted method of cutting down on
    >>> exposure after all. I simply mentioned it because it removed any
    >>> possibility of suggesting what the mistake could be is all.
    >>>
    >>> Personally, I use a valid email address no matter where I go or what
    >>> I do on newsgroups. The built in Junk Mail Filter (JMC) on
    >>> Mozilla/Netscape 7 catches most spam (running about 99% these days).
    >>> Viruses never bother me, as I simply refuse to open any attachments
    >>> in email (without quarantining them for a week and then checking them
    >>> for a virus anyway). Since viruses have to be enscapulated within
    >>> attachments, thats has kept me virus free since 1992
    >>>
    >>> Besides, I'm on a Mac, using OS X, and am effectively immune to
    >>> viruses, trojans and hacking attempts (so far anyway <g>)
    >>> :)
    >>>

    >> I have tried Mozilla again, it logged me into my default homepage as
    >> graeme.doyle and everything looked normal. Went to mail and got the
    >> error message"sending of username did not succeed. Mail server[which
    >> was correct] responded. Mate try:user <username>".
    >>
    >> I then tried to send myself an Email. The from username and server
    >> names were correct. When I sent the mail I got a request for my
    >> password for graeme doyle [no dot]. I sent the password and got an
    >> error message that it was incorrect. I rang my server technical
    >> support and verified that I had sent the correct password.
    >>
    >> I was unable to find where my mail details are kept in Mozilla.
    >> Also there appears to be no way of importing my favorite pages/address
    >> book from firefox and thunderbird. Plenty of choices to import fom
    >> Internet Explorer.
    >>
    >> Any help appreciated

    > Graeme
    >
    > Okay, now that you have Mozilla set up and an mail account specified
    >
    > Click on the account Name in Mail News
    > click on View Settings for this account
    >
    > You should see a menu/dialogue entitled Account Settings <name>
    >
    > Look at the
    > YOUR NAME entry
    > change that to Nobody (dont worry we will change it back - its a check
    > to see what the problem is)
    >
    > Look at the
    > EMAIL ADDRESS entry
    > it should state your proper email address in full i.e.
    > (I guessed at the domain you posted from there)
    > (if you are not on AT&T please change it to your proper email address)
    >
    > Now Okay your way out of the dialogue
    > and choose Compose a New Message
    > address it to yourself, type test as subject, type test for the message
    > Send it
    >
    > Do you get an error? What exactly does it say (this is why we changed
    > the YOUR NAME entry btw)
    >
    > If you dont get the error, then please respond and we can deal with your
    > other issues.

    it came back with password for graeme doyle [no dot]. all the settings
    ie my email address were correct

    graeme@invalid, Aug 27, 2004
  5. graeme@invalid wrote:

    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> graeme@invalid wrote:

    >>> I have tried Mozilla again, it logged me into my default homepage as
    >>> graeme.doyle and everything looked normal. Went to mail and got the
    >>> error message"sending of username did not succeed. Mail server[which
    >>> was correct] responded. Mate try:user <username>".
    >>>
    >>> I then tried to send myself an Email. The from username and server
    >>> names were correct. When I sent the mail I got a request for my
    >>> password for graeme doyle [no dot]. I sent the password and got an
    >>> error message that it was incorrect. I rang my server technical
    >>> support and verified that I had sent the correct password.
    >>>
    >>> I was unable to find where my mail details are kept in Mozilla.
    >>> Also there appears to be no way of importing my favorite
    >>> pages/address book from firefox and thunderbird. Plenty of choices
    >>> to import fom Internet Explorer.
    >>>
    >>> Any help appreciated

    >> Graeme
    >>
    >> Okay, now that you have Mozilla set up and an mail account specified
    >>
    >> Click on the account Name in Mail News
    >> click on View Settings for this account
    >>
    >> You should see a menu/dialogue entitled Account Settings <name>
    >>
    >> Look at the
    >> YOUR NAME entry
    >> change that to Nobody (dont worry we will change it back - its a
    >> check to see what the problem is)
    >>
    >> Look at the
    >> EMAIL ADDRESS entry
    >> it should state your proper email address in full i.e.
    >> (I guessed at the domain you posted from there)
    >> (if you are not on AT&T please change it to your proper email address)
    >>
    >> Now Okay your way out of the dialogue
    >> and choose Compose a New Message
    >> address it to yourself, type test as subject, type test for the message
    >> Send it
    >>
    >> Do you get an error? What exactly does it say (this is why we changed
    >> the YOUR NAME entry btw)
    >>
    >> If you dont get the error, then please respond and we can deal with
    >> your other issues.

    > it came back with password for graeme doyle [no dot]. all the settings
    > ie my email address were correct

    my email address is

    graeme@invalid, Aug 27, 2004
  6. dot

    Moz Champion Guest

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Aug 28, 2004
  7. dot

    Moz Champion Guest

    Moz Champion, Aug 28, 2004
  8. dot

    Moz Champion Guest

    Moz Champion, Aug 28, 2004
  9. dot

    Moz Champion Guest

    graeme@invalid wrote:

    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> graeme@invalid wrote:

    >>> I have tried Mozilla again, it logged me into my default homepage as
    >>> graeme.doyle and everything looked normal. Went to mail and got the
    >>> error message"sending of username did not succeed. Mail server[which
    >>> was correct] responded. Mate try:user <username>".
    >>>
    >>> I then tried to send myself an Email. The from username and server
    >>> names were correct. When I sent the mail I got a request for my
    >>> password for graeme doyle [no dot]. I sent the password and got an
    >>> error message that it was incorrect. I rang my server technical
    >>> support and verified that I had sent the correct password.
    >>>
    >>> I was unable to find where my mail details are kept in Mozilla.
    >>> Also there appears to be no way of importing my favorite
    >>> pages/address book from firefox and thunderbird. Plenty of choices
    >>> to import fom Internet Explorer.
    >>>
    >>> Any help appreciated

    >> Graeme
    >>
    >> Okay, now that you have Mozilla set up and an mail account specified
    >>
    >> Click on the account Name in Mail News
    >> click on View Settings for this account
    >>
    >> You should see a menu/dialogue entitled Account Settings <name>
    >>
    >> Look at the
    >> YOUR NAME entry
    >> change that to Nobody (dont worry we will change it back - its a
    >> check to see what the problem is)
    >>
    >> Look at the
    >> EMAIL ADDRESS entry
    >> it should state your proper email address in full i.e.
    >> (I guessed at the domain you posted from there)
    >> (if you are not on AT&T please change it to your proper email address)
    >>
    >> Now Okay your way out of the dialogue
    >> and choose Compose a New Message
    >> address it to yourself, type test as subject, type test for the message
    >> Send it
    >>
    >> Do you get an error? What exactly does it say (this is why we changed
    >> the YOUR NAME entry btw)
    >>
    >> If you dont get the error, then please respond and we can deal with
    >> your other issues.

    > it came back with password for graeme doyle [no dot]. all the settings
    > ie my email address were correct

    Did you enter the proper password at this time? And check the remember box?

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Aug 28, 2004