Installation of CD / Win98 / Plextor / Roxio

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by tony ritter, Oct 27, 2004.

  1. tony ritter

    tony ritter Guest

    Hello all,

    I recently purchased a Plextor Internal ATAPI (E-IDE) CD-R/RW 52x 24x 52x

    Within the box was a CD with:
    PlexTools
    Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 Basic for Windows 98/ME/2000/XP

    I am operating a:
    Windows 98
    Gateway G6-350
    Pentium II @ 350mhz
    I was able to install the hardware and PlexTools.

    However, when inserting the CD, I was not able to install Roxio 6.

    In mid session of the installation, a dialog box saying that I had Windows
    98 _Gold_ and I could not complete the installation of Roxio 6.

    Went to the Plextor website FAQ.

    Followed their comment to check the registry for any old Apatec settings -
    there were none.

    Any thoughts?
    Many thanks,
    TR

    tony ritter, Oct 27, 2004

  2. tony ritter

    Thor Guest

    "tony ritter" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I recently purchased a Plextor Internal ATAPI (E-IDE) CD-R/RW 52x 24x 52x
    >
    > Within the box was a CD with:
    > PlexTools
    > Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 Basic for Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
    >
    > I am operating a:
    > Windows 98
    > Gateway G6-350
    > Pentium II @ 350mhz
    > I was able to install the hardware and PlexTools.
    >
    > However, when inserting the CD, I was not able to install Roxio 6.
    >
    > In mid session of the installation, a dialog box saying that I had Windows
    > 98 _Gold_ and I could not complete the installation of Roxio 6.

    sounds to me like it wants Win98 Second Edition (Win98SE) or better. Windows
    98 "gold" usually means Windows 98's first edition.

    Thor, Oct 27, 2004