    an option but I have no idea what they were talking about.).

    Anyone here know what I need to do?

    Thanks
    Ðö¢ Vön Rö¢K, Feb 10, 2005

  2. Ðö¢ Vön Rö¢K

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 20:07:52 -0500, Ðö¢ Vön Rö¢K wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I have winXP on an HP Pavilion with IE6. I am trying to install Print Artist
    >Gold and just before it is ready to install, I get the following error.

    PrintArtist Gold - support email them.

    Then again if you want to ignore the rest of the text below, try a
    really stupid idea. (this was at the end of my reply, but moved here)

    Goto the P A G support webpage and read the FAQ

    20 Error: "ODBC setup library is locked" during installation.

    Clue it's the vugames site. That's if you mean P A G v12 Gold or
    Platinum.

    >The ODBC Set-up Library is locked.
    >ODBC Set-up will not continue.
    >
    >I've tried to google an answer but came up with nothing, (well, one link had
    >an option but I have no idea what they were talking about.).

    So it's not worth pasting in the link, for someone else to read?

    > Anyone here know what I need to do?

    Run a process monitor to see what application is using the library.

    Check your running services.

    Do something daft like stopping any SQL drivers / services.

    Some of that is mentioned here, which has both bits of text you pasted
    as the error.

    WindowsSupport
    .... the computer before. I kept getting the error: The ODBC setup
    library
    is locked. ODBC setup will not continue. I was successful ...
    http://groups.msn.com/WindowsSuppor...Message=1140&LastModified=4675486992325529950
    38k - Cached - Similar pages

    Me
    why?, Feb 10, 2005