Installation Error but not even installing Office!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by matthew.beckwith@myactv.net, Oct 26, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Whenever I try to install any program on my computer now I get a
    Microsoft Office installation error!

    The 2 programs I've tried installing are a Johns Hopkins VPN, and
    America's Army. Neither of these is in any way related to Microsoft
    Office, yet in both cases I get the same error: It says that Microsoft
    Office installation has failed due to a missing file---It's
    something-or-other.CAB.

    (I'm not at home now, but can give you the name of the file later, if
    needed.)

    What I'm thinking is that there's a spurious file association on my
    computer. I already deleted all the associations related to Microsoft
    Office, but perhaps there's another.

    I've also deleted Microsoft Office and Microsoft Powerpoint and Word
    Perfect from my computer, but it hasn't fixed the problem.

    Thanks.
    Matt
    , Oct 26, 2005

  2. Evan Platt Guest

    On 26 Oct 2005 06:20:31 -0700, wrote:

    >Whenever I try to install any program on my computer now I get a
    >Microsoft Office installation error!
    >
    >The 2 programs I've tried installing are a Johns Hopkins VPN, and
    >America's Army. Neither of these is in any way related to Microsoft
    >Office, yet in both cases I get the same error: It says that Microsoft
    >Office installation has failed due to a missing file---It's
    >something-or-other.CAB.
    >
    >(I'm not at home now, but can give you the name of the file later, if
    >needed.)

    That would probably help.
    Evan Platt, Oct 26, 2005

  3. Guest

    Microsoft Office Setup

    Settings file C:\DOWNLO~1\FILES\SETUP\setup.INI is missing or invalid.
    Please ensure this file exists and is accessible.
    , Oct 27, 2005
  4. Probably best to ask in a group for your OS,

    --
    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

    reading.

    After furious head scratching, asked:

    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook], Oct 28, 2005