    dont want to waste a mark on something so small...

    Regards

    Jason

    Jason Wills, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Jason Wills

    kpg Guest

    Buy a book.

    Hardware Requirements

    Each computer must have the following minimum configuration. All hardware
    should be on the Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Hardware Compatibility
    List.

    a.. 133 MHz or higher Pentium-compatible CPU

    b.. At least 32 MB RAM (64 MB RAM recommended)

    c.. One or more hard disks with a minimum of 500 MB of free disk space (1
    GB recommended)

    d.. Network adapter card

    e.. Video display adapter with VGA resolution or higher

    f.. CD-ROM drive, 12X or faster recommended (Note: A CD-ROM drive is not
    required for installing Windows 2000 over a network.)

    g.. Keyboard

    h.. Microsoft mouse or compatible pointing device
    "Jason Wills" <> wrote in message
    > if i were to take the official MCSE exam - 70-210, what would be minimum
    > installation requirements for Windows 2000 professional? everwhere i look

    it

    kpg, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Jason Wills

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > d.. Network adapter card

    no.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Feb 26, 2004
  4. Jason Wills

    kpg Guest

    Well, I just dumped it out of an MS Press book. But
    yeah, why would they say you need a NIC?

    kpg
    (not an MSCE but I play one in a newsgroup)

    kpg, Feb 26, 2004
  5. Jason Wills

    kat Guest

    Only if it's a network install.

    See, I have knowledge. I bet don wouldn't know that.

    --
    Kat MCNGP Wanna be

    /* Proving her worth */

    kat, Feb 26, 2004
  6. Jason Wills

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > Well, I just dumped it out of an MS Press book. But
    > yeah, why would they say you need a NIC?

    Beats me. Was it the "network installation" section of the book, perhaps?
    Because I'm positive that Win2K will install just fine without a NIC. Of
    course, Win2K does it's job better when it's on a network, as that's what it
    was created for. But it doesn't *need* to be on a network of any kind.

    You'd think that an MSPress book would have, oh, I dunno, the *facts*.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Feb 26, 2004
  7. Jason Wills

    JaR Guest

    kpg opined, On 2/26/04 9:02 AM:

    > Buy a book.
    >
    > Hardware Requirements
    >
    > Each computer must have the following minimum configuration. All hardware
    > should be on the Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Hardware Compatibility
    > List.
    >

    > a.. 133 MHz or higher Pentium-compatible CPU
    >

    > b.. At least 32 MB RAM (64 MB RAM recommended)
    >

    > c.. One or more hard disks with a minimum of 500 MB of free disk space (1
    > GB recommended)
    >

    > d.. Network adapter card
    >

    > e.. Video display adapter with VGA resolution or higher
    >

    > f.. CD-ROM drive, 12X or faster recommended (Note: A CD-ROM drive is not
    > required for installing Windows 2000 over a network.)
    >

    > g.. Keyboard
    >

    > h.. Microsoft mouse or compatible pointing device

    i.. Surface to place computer (desk or table reccommended, chair is
    optional)

    j.. Electric outlet

    k.. Connection to usenet (as we all know, MCSE stands for Must Consult
    Someone Else)

    JaR
    Thug #411

    JaR, Feb 26, 2004
  8. "JaR" <> wrote in message

    > k.. Connection to usenet (as we all know, MCSE stands for Must Consult
    > Someone Else)

    Suddenly the world makes sense.

    --
    Politician Spock
    Thug #24601

    Politician Spock, Feb 26, 2004
  9. Jason Wills

    kpg Guest

    > k.. Connection to usenet (as we all know, MCSE stands for Must Consult
    > Someone Else)

    So thats why a NIC is required.

    kpg, Feb 26, 2004
  10. Jason Wills

    JaR Guest

    kpg opined, On 2/26/04 10:07 AM:

    >>k.. Connection to usenet (as we all know, MCSE stands for Must Consult
    >>Someone Else)

    > So thats why a NIC is required.

    Well, a modem anyway.

    JaR, Feb 26, 2004
  11. Jason Wills

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > Well, a modem anyway.

    Hahahahaha! What's a modem?

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Feb 26, 2004
  12. Jason Wills

    JaR Guest

    Ken Briscoe opined, On 2/26/04 10:28 AM:

    Modem dainbrump is -------------> thattaway

    JaR, Feb 26, 2004
  13. Jason Wills

    Paul Lynch Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:57:06 -0000, "Jason Wills"
    <> wrote:

    >if i were to take the official MCSE exam - 70-210, what would be minimum
    >installation requirements for Windows 2000 professional? everwhere i look it
    >varies from 32MB to 64MB, does anyone know exactly what it should be - i
    >dont want to waste a mark on something so small...
    >
    >Regards
    >
    >Jason

    Jason,

    Try this :

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/professional/evaluation/sysreqs/default.asp

    Regards,

    Paul Lynch
    MCSE

    Paul Lynch, Feb 26, 2004
  14. Jason Wills

    kpg Guest

    Well ya see, that doesn't answer his question. My souce said 32
    or 64, yours say 64. Just hope that both 32 and 64 aren't choices
    on the test. NIC optional.

    kpg, Feb 26, 2004
  15. Jason Wills

    Matt Guest

    Acutualy, here's the twist:
    32 - to install
    64 - to run
    Thats microsoft for you.

    Matt, Feb 26, 2004
  16. Jason Wills

    kpg Guest

    bloody brilliant

    kpg, Feb 26, 2004
  17. Jason Wills

    Consultant Guest

    and 512 to run effectively

    Consultant, Feb 26, 2004
  18. Jason Wills

    Brat Guest

    lol just like they say 256 for XP and it runs beautiful with my 192?

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69

    Brat, Feb 26, 2004
  19. Hi Sue,

    You just think it runs beautifully. <VBEG>
    Add ram and watch the performance increase dramatically.
    512mb seems to be the sweet spot for workstations, 1gb + for video editing

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
    http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm

    Larry Samuels, Feb 27, 2004
  20. Jason Wills

    Brat Guest

    nah... I'm just gonna get a new system eventually

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69

    Brat, Feb 27, 2004