    software has not passed windows logo testing but i downloaded my copy from
    microsoft the only other thing that had been installed was my raid controller
    which i downloaded from asus WHY DID I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE
    =?Utf-8?B?a2V2aW4yMTAxNDg=?=, Nov 21, 2005

  2. Because the RAID software from Asus probably hasn't passed testing. Fairly
    typical

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 21, 2005

  3. Because there was software that has not passed Windows Logo testing.

    Likely it was referring to a driver, but certainly not Windows.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 21, 2005
  4. This is a bit confusing, are you saying, that Windows told it self that it
    "did not pass windows logo testing" or are referring to another peace of
    software or device driver, could you list name of this device driver or
    software application that you got this error from? I suspect you are
    referring to a device thats either installed or connected you your computer
    that XP Pro x64 has detected as not passing Windows logo testing for Windows
    x64.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 21, 2005
  5. It was the asus drivewr that caused this, anyu idea where i casn get one that
    works

    =?Utf-8?B?a2V2aW4yMTAxNDg=?=, Nov 22, 2005
  6. Where can i get one that has passed testing?

    =?Utf-8?B?a2V2aW4yMTAxNDg=?=, Nov 22, 2005
  7. ASUS is your source for drivers for ASUS motherboards. That won't change.
    You have the option of checking the site for the particular chipset mfg for
    this RAID controller. And you can check www.planetamd64.com. But ASUS has
    actually been pretty good about providing drivers as they become available.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 22, 2005
  8. You may have to just wait until the driver has passed testing. This does
    mean that they failed testing or anything like that.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 22, 2005

    =?Utf-8?B?a2V2aW4yMTAxNDg=?=, Nov 22, 2005
  10. Sounds like you have exhausted all avenues. Asus is the best source for
    drivers, have you contacted them about the issue. Sorry, I am just going

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 22, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?a2V2aW4yMTAxNDg=?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Andre:

    I found an oddity on the Asus driver disk. If you open the disk
    in x86 the only F6 disk will be 32-bit. The disk has to be opened in x64 to
    copy the F6 disk. I was lucky that I had the FX-51 machine with x64 when I
    was building the A8N-E board. That F6 disk had the catalog file missing so I've
    been using the F6 disk from "planetamd64.com" ever since when changing or
    rebuilding the system.

    Dennis Pack, Nov 23, 2005
  12. Or download the driver directly and copy to floppy. It's true, the ASUS CD
    tries to be "smart" about what it offers you. This is a case where that does
    NOT help. Go directly to the web site for the drivers.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 23, 2005