  1. Help please
    I downloaded win64 copied it to disk, but can't get my computer to boot
    by the disk. It seems to just bypass it. Any Ideas??
    =?Utf-8?B?dHdvNGV2ZXIyMDAy?=, Jun 8, 2005

  2. did you copy the file to CD? Or did you create a bootable disk by burning the
    _image_ (.iso) to CD.

    For excellent instructions on how to write an ISO file to a CD correctly, I
    recommend:
    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 8, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?dHdvNGV2ZXIyMDAy?=

    Rick Guest

    Did you use software, such as Nero Burning ROM, to "Burn Image to Disc"
    like you're supposed to? If you didn't and just copied the .ISO to CD,
    it will never work.

    Rick, Jun 8, 2005
  4. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 8, 2005
  5. I have coppied the file to the hard drive, and then coppied it to a disk.
    Rebooted my computer with the disk in the drive it just seems to read the
    disk then bypass it.I have used F-10 to make sure it boots from my cd, and it
    still bypasses the disk.

    =?Utf-8?B?dHdvNGV2ZXIyMDAy?=, Jun 8, 2005
  6. I also created a bootable disk, and coppied it to disk

    =?Utf-8?B?dHdvNGV2ZXIyMDAy?=, Jun 8, 2005
  7. see the instructions referenced. you need to "burn an image", not copy the
    file to disk.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 8, 2005
  8. The mistake you seem to be making is burning it the ISO as big old file on
    to disk instead opening it into the program NERO/Easy CD and let it take it
    straight to the burning process.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 8, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?dHdvNGV2ZXIyMDAy?=

    Rick Guest

    You need to learn what to do with an .ISO file! You DO NOT copy the
    file to a CD! You use appropriate software to "BURN IMAGE TO DISC" and
    NOTHING ELSE!!!!!

    DO NOT COPY THE .ISO TO CD!

    DO NOT EXTRACT THE FILE TO CD!

    DO NOT MAKE A BOOTABLE CD AND THEN COPY FILE(S)!

    BURN THE IMAGE TO DISC - NOTHING ELSE!

    Rick, Jun 8, 2005
  10. And also do not burn it to CD-RW disc.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 9, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?dHdvNGV2ZXIyMDAy?=

    Randy Guest

    I actually ran into the problem with an ISO of the server version where it
    simply would not burn correctly, regardless of whether I used Nero or Roxio,
    whether burned from the ISO on the "original" CD or whether I first copied
    it to my hard drive first, regardless of using different brands of blank
    recordable CD discs, or even of using 2 or 3 different burners..

    I think I got two correct burns out of maybe eight or ten tried; the rest
    were simply copies. No idea why... my girlfriend downloaded and "burned" it
    to CD for me per MS directions, but when she gave it to me, it was still in
    ISO format. That was the first indication to me there was a problem. She
    went through the same procedure with the 32-bit trial (so we could compare
    the two on my new 64-bit system), and that one came out right the first try
    (on her system).

    I'm hoping it was just a glitch specific to my system.

    Randy, Jun 9, 2005
  12. A point of intrest on ISO to cd. When I burned the file to cd with Nero I
    clicked the check box to have do a file compare. The first disk had one bad
    file. I burned another disk, compair turned out fine.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGVhZmJ1cw==?=, Jun 9, 2005