    somehow?
    I cant find anything on the web site to download this

    what can i do
    john townsley, Apr 11, 2005

  2. john townsley

    nemo outis Guest

    In article <4259e03e$0$5398$>, "john
    townsley" <> wrote:
    >Hi
    >
    >I have a copy of nortons anti-virus downloaded from the net and paid up to
    >date. I am getting a new computer and want it on my new computer. How do I
    >do that.
    >
    >Just copy the whole directory on norton anti-virus over or download again
    >somehow?
    >I cant find anything on the web site to download this
    >
    >what can i do

    I can forgive theft but not incompetence :) If you're going to
    pirate software, learn to do it right. And that means keeping
    the source.

    As for where and how to get bootleg software, who am I to
    encourage you in your life of crime? However, I will say that is
    so easy and available that it would be astounding if you could
    not bootstrap into it after five minutes' research.

    BTW, if you do decide to trawl the net for bootleg software, be
    sure your firewalls, anti-virus, and anti-spyware software are in
    good working order.

    Regards,
    nemo outis, Apr 11, 2005

  3. nemo outis wrote:

    > In article <4259e03e$0$5398$>, "john
    > townsley" <> wrote:
    >>Hi
    >>
    >>I have a copy of nortons anti-virus downloaded from the net and paid up to
    >>date. I am getting a new computer and want it on my new computer. How do I
    >>do that.
    >>
    >>Just copy the whole directory on norton anti-virus over or download again
    >>somehow?
    >>I cant find anything on the web site to download this
    >>
    >>what can i do

    > I can forgive theft but not incompetence :) If you're going to
    > pirate software, learn to do it right. And that means keeping
    > the source.
    >
    > As for where and how to get bootleg software, who am I to
    > encourage you in your life of crime? However, I will say that is
    > so easy and available that it would be astounding if you could
    > not bootstrap into it after five minutes' research.
    >
    > BTW, if you do decide to trawl the net for bootleg software, be
    > sure your firewalls, anti-virus, and anti-spyware software are in
    > good working order.
    >
    > Regards,

    ....ie be careful what you download. You WILL get more than your bargained
    for...

    Michael
    --

    "Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems." -
    Linus Torvald
    Michael Pelletier, Apr 11, 2005
  4. <nemo (nemo outis)> wrote in message
    > In article <4259e03e$0$5398$>, "john
    > townsley" <> wrote:
    >>Hi
    >>
    >>I have a copy of nortons anti-virus downloaded from the net and paid up to
    >>date. I am getting a new computer and want it on my new computer. How do I
    >>do that.
    >>
    >>Just copy the whole directory on norton anti-virus over or download again
    >>somehow?
    >>I cant find anything on the web site to download this
    >>
    >>what can i do

    > I can forgive theft but not incompetence :) If you're going to
    > pirate software, learn to do it right. And that means keeping
    > the source.
    >
    > As for where and how to get bootleg software, who am I to
    > encourage you in your life of crime? However, I will say that is
    > so easy and available that it would be astounding if you could
    > not bootstrap into it after five minutes' research.
    >
    > BTW, if you do decide to trawl the net for bootleg software, be
    > sure your firewalls, anti-virus, and anti-spyware software are in
    > good working order.
    >
    > Regards,

    Look Buddy

    Either give me a sensible reply or take your nonsense elsewhere onto another
    forum. This is a group for sensible people wanting help not some teenage
    'have a swipe at people' for the hell of it.

    If you only want to be stupid i suggest you spend your time doing something
    else more meaningful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    john townsley, Apr 11, 2005
  5. "Michael Pelletier" <> wrote in message
    > nemo outis wrote:
    >
    >> In article <4259e03e$0$5398$>, "john
    >> townsley" <> wrote:
    >>>Hi
    >>>
    >>>I have a copy of nortons anti-virus downloaded from the net and paid up
    >>>date. I am getting a new computer and want it on my new computer. How do
    >>>do that.
    >>>
    >>>Just copy the whole directory on norton anti-virus over or download again
    >>>somehow?
    >>>I cant find anything on the web site to download this
    >>>
    >>>what can i do

    >> I can forgive theft but not incompetence :) If you're going to
    >> pirate software, learn to do it right. And that means keeping
    >> the source.
    >>
    >> As for where and how to get bootleg software, who am I to
    >> encourage you in your life of crime? However, I will say that is
    >> so easy and available that it would be astounding if you could
    >> not bootstrap into it after five minutes' research.
    >>
    >> BTW, if you do decide to trawl the net for bootleg software, be
    >> sure your firewalls, anti-virus, and anti-spyware software are in
    >> good working order.
    >>
    >> Regards,

    > ...ie be careful what you download. You WILL get more than your bargained
    > for...
    >
    > Michael
    > --
    >
    > "Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems." -
    > Linus Torvald

    What an earth are your saying, how can this message help me at ALL?
    I wanted some help not some obscure remark.
    john townsley, Apr 11, 2005
  6. "john townsley" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a copy of nortons anti-virus downloaded from the net and paid up to
    > date. I am getting a new computer and want it on my new computer. How do I
    > do that.
    >
    > Just copy the whole directory on norton anti-virus over or download again
    > somehow?
    > I cant find anything on the web site to download this
    >
    > what can i do

    I have got some very odd replies so far to say the least.

    I have got nortons anti-virus paid up to date. The software was put on by
    Computer technician who fixed our computer when it became full of viruses 2
    years ago. We dont have a CD but the copy can be verifed. I just want to put
    it on new PC.

    PS. No funny replies please
    john townsley, Apr 11, 2005
  7. john townsley wrote:

    > "Michael Pelletier" <> wrote in message
    >> nemo outis wrote:

    >>> I can forgive theft but not incompetence :) If you're going to
    >>> pirate software, learn to do it right. And that means keeping
    >>> the source.
    >>>
    >>> As for where and how to get bootleg software, who am I to
    >>> encourage you in your life of crime? However, I will say that is
    >>> so easy and available that it would be astounding if you could
    >>> not bootstrap into it after five minutes' research.
    >>>
    >>> BTW, if you do decide to trawl the net for bootleg software, be
    >>> sure your firewalls, anti-virus, and anti-spyware software are in
    >>> good working order.
    >>>
    >>> Regards,

    >> ...ie be careful what you download. You WILL get more than your bargained
    >> for...
    >>
    >> Michael
    >> --
    >>
    >> "Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems." -
    >> Linus Torvald

    > What an earth are your saying, how can this message help me at ALL?
    > I wanted some help not some obscure remark.

    I said "...ie be careful what you download. You WILL get more than your
    bargained for..." In other words, it sound like you are downloading illegal
    software. Many sites claim to give users "hacked" software when in fact it
    has trojans...

    I was just trying to point that out...

    Michael

    Michael Pelletier, Apr 11, 2005
  8. john townsley

    nemo outis Guest

    In article <4259f650$0$5394$>, "john townsley" <> wrote:

    >What an earth are your saying, how can this message help me at ALL?
    >I wanted some help not some obscure remark.

    A word to the wise is sufficient.

    But, it seems, no amount of counsel is appreciated by the unwise.

    Regards,
    nemo outis, Apr 11, 2005
  9. john townsley

    nemo outis Guest

    In article <4259f5f0$0$29866$>, "john townsley" <> wrote:

    >Look Buddy
    >
    >Either give me a sensible reply or take your nonsense elsewhere onto another
    >forum. This is a group for sensible people wanting help not some teenage
    >'have a swipe at people' for the hell of it.
    >
    >If you only want to be stupid i suggest you spend your time doing something
    >else more meaningful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And I cordially suggest you go **** yourself.

    Nobody here has any interest, let alone obligation, towards
    spoon-feeding you in your thefts.

    Regards,

    ..
    nemo outis, Apr 11, 2005
  10. john townsley

    nemo outis Guest

    In article <4259f733$0$30370$>, "john townsley" <> wrote:

    >I have got some very odd replies so far to say the least.
    >
    >I have got nortons anti-virus paid up to date. The software was put on by
    >Computer technician who fixed our computer when it became full of viruses 2
    >years ago. We dont have a CD but the copy can be verifed. I just want to put
    >it on new PC.
    >

    >PS. No funny replies please

    Phone or email Symantec and stop wasting everybody's time here.

    BTW who wipes your ass for you?

    Regards,
    nemo outis, Apr 11, 2005
  11. nemo outis wrote:

    > In article <4259f5f0$0$29866$>, "john
    > townsley" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Look Buddy
    >>
    >>Either give me a sensible reply or take your nonsense elsewhere onto
    >>another
    >>forum. This is a group for sensible people wanting help not some teenage
    >>'have a swipe at people' for the hell of it.
    >>
    >>If you only want to be stupid i suggest you spend your time doing
    >>something else more meaningful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    > And I cordially suggest you go **** yourself.
    >
    > Nobody here has any interest, let alone obligation, towards
    > spoon-feeding you in your thefts.
    >
    > Regards,
    >

    > .

    Alright guys come on...no reason to start that crap...

    Michael

    Michael Pelletier, Apr 11, 2005
  12. john townsley wrote:

    > "john townsley" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I have a copy of nortons anti-virus downloaded from the net and paid up
    >> to date. I am getting a new computer and want it on my new computer. How
    >> do I do that.
    >>
    >> Just copy the whole directory on norton anti-virus over or download again
    >> somehow?
    >> I cant find anything on the web site to download this
    >>
    >> what can i do
    >>

    > I have got some very odd replies so far to say the least.
    >
    > I have got nortons anti-virus paid up to date. The software was put on by
    > Computer technician who fixed our computer when it became full of viruses
    > 2 years ago. We dont have a CD but the copy can be verifed. I just want to
    > put it on new PC.
    >

    > PS. No funny replies please

    Ah OK. I hear ya. That is a good question. I would see if you can download a
    version from Norton and then just enter your license key. I believe you can
    do that. If not, get in touch with your tech and tell him you need a CD...

    Michael

    Michael Pelletier, Apr 11, 2005
  13. <nemo (nemo outis)> wrote in message
    > In article <4259f5f0$0$29866$>, "john
    > townsley" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Look Buddy
    >>
    >>Either give me a sensible reply or take your nonsense elsewhere onto
    >>another
    >>forum. This is a group for sensible people wanting help not some teenage
    >>'have a swipe at people' for the hell of it.
    >>
    >>If you only want to be stupid i suggest you spend your time doing
    >>something
    >>else more meaningful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    > And I cordially suggest you go **** yourself.
    >
    > Nobody here has any interest, let alone obligation, towards
    > spoon-feeding you in your thefts.
    >
    > Regards,
    >

    > .

    What is with you and thefts.........I bought the bloody thing and have paid
    to update it again.
    What theft??????????????????

    A word to the wise.
    You obviously have no clue about security and are simply intent in annoying
    people for the hell of it.
    Get away from this newsgroup...This place is not for you.

    ...I am only asking for help, not peoples narrow-minded percpetions on
    reality

    I have wasted enough time on replying to some absurd and sad message
    john townsley, Apr 11, 2005
  14. john townsley

    nemo outis Guest

    In article <425a1ad2$0$5597$>, "john townsley" <> wrote:

    >What is with you and thefts.........I bought the bloody thing and have paid
    >to update it again.
    >What theft??????????????????

    If you had paid for it, you would have it; there would be no
    question of how to get it again.

    Your lies were totally transparent the first time, despite your
    "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" stories about having lost the
    original.

    But if, by some fluke, your story were true, are you so stupid as
    not to do the obvious, and contact Symantec? Why would you have
    to come here whinging plaintively for help?

    You are either dishonest or terminally thick. In either case you
    are beyond help.

    Regards,
    nemo outis, Apr 11, 2005
  15. <nemo (nemo outis)> wrote in message
    > In article <425a1ad2$0$5597$>, "john
    > townsley" <> wrote:
    >
    >>What is with you and thefts.........I bought the bloody thing and have
    >>paid
    >>to update it again.
    >>What theft??????????????????

    > If you had paid for it, you would have it; there would be no
    > question of how to get it again.
    >
    > Your lies were totally transparent the first time, despite your
    > "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" stories about having lost the
    > original.
    >
    > But if, by some fluke, your story were true, are you so stupid as
    > not to do the obvious, and contact Symantec? Why would you have
    > to come here whinging plaintively for help?
    >
    > You are either dishonest or terminally thick. In either case you
    > are beyond help.
    >
    > Regards,

    Cant you read?, how many times do I have to tell you what happened.
    You can download a copy of the anti-virus without having a CD......

    If you had any idea of security, antivirus or anything you wouldnt reply
    with such teenage stupid replies. I have contacted symantic but decided to
    ask here for help........look what I got. Some teenage half-baked accusation
    about trying hatch a pirate software plot.
    You have seen too many movies

    Your rash conclusions are not only annoying , I find them amusing now.

    How can anyone be insitant of some ridiculous train of thought without
    proof. What do you want all my product details to check up if it is legal.
    be my guest..check it up

    p/n 10021180

    Take my advice , get away from this newsgroups about security. you have no
    real idea or any concept of how to speak to people. Get away from the
    computer and interact with REAL people for your own sake. Stop being so rude
    and if you suspect something, use investigative skills to gather up all the
    evidence first.

    Thats how it works in the real world!.....be in it
    john townsley, Apr 11, 2005
  16. john townsley

    Yddap Guest

    In news:425a3ec3$0$5595$,
    john townsley <> opined very noisily:
    > <nemo (nemo outis)> wrote in message
    >> In article <425a1ad2$0$5597$>, "john
    >> townsley" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> What is with you and thefts.........I bought the bloody thing and
    >>> have paid
    >>> to update it again.
    >>> What theft??????????????????

    >> If you had paid for it, you would have it; there would be no
    >> question of how to get it again.
    >>
    >> Your lies were totally transparent the first time, despite your
    >> "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" stories about having lost the
    >> original.
    >>
    >> But if, by some fluke, your story were true, are you so stupid as
    >> not to do the obvious, and contact Symantec? Why would you have
    >> to come here whinging plaintively for help?
    >>
    >> You are either dishonest or terminally thick. In either case you
    >> are beyond help.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>

    > Cant you read?, how many times do I have to tell you what happened.
    > You can download a copy of the anti-virus without having a CD......
    >
    > If you had any idea of security, antivirus or anything you wouldnt
    > reply with such teenage stupid replies. I have contacted symantic but
    > decided to ask here for help........look what I got. Some teenage
    > half-baked accusation about trying hatch a pirate software plot.
    > You have seen too many movies
    >

    > Your rash conclusions are not only annoying , I find them amusing now.
    >
    > How can anyone be insitant of some ridiculous train of thought without
    > proof. What do you want all my product details to check up if it is
    > legal. be my guest..check it up
    >
    > p/n 10021180
    >
    > Take my advice , get away from this newsgroups about security. you
    > have no real idea or any concept of how to speak to people. Get away
    > from the computer and interact with REAL people for your own sake.
    > Stop being so rude and if you suspect something, use investigative
    > skills to gather up all the evidence first.
    >
    > Thats how it works in the real world!.....be in it

    Try http://nct.digitalriver.com/0001/

    Trial downloads
    --

    Yddap
    Remove guts to reply
    Yddap, Apr 11, 2005
  17. <nemo (nemo outis)> wrote in message
    > In article <4259f733$0$30370$>, "john
    > townsley" <> wrote:
    >

    >>I have got some very odd replies so far to say the least.
    >>
    >>I have got nortons anti-virus paid up to date. The software was put on by
    >>Computer technician who fixed our computer when it became full of viruses
    >>2
    >>years ago. We dont have a CD but the copy can be verifed. I just want to
    >>put
    >>it on new PC.
    >>

    >>PS. No funny replies please
    >>

    > Phone or email Symantec and stop wasting everybody's time here.
    >
    > BTW who wipes your ass for you?
    >
    > Regards,

    I got an internet weirdo here
    john townsley, Apr 11, 2005
  18. "Michael Pelletier" <> wrote in message
    > john townsley wrote:
    >

    >> "john townsley" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> I have a copy of nortons anti-virus downloaded from the net and paid up
    >>> to date. I am getting a new computer and want it on my new computer. How
    >>> do I do that.
    >>>
    >>> Just copy the whole directory on norton anti-virus over or download
    >>> again
    >>> somehow?
    >>> I cant find anything on the web site to download this
    >>>
    >>> what can i do
    >>>

    >> I have got some very odd replies so far to say the least.
    >>
    >> I have got nortons anti-virus paid up to date. The software was put on by
    >> Computer technician who fixed our computer when it became full of viruses
    >> 2 years ago. We dont have a CD but the copy can be verifed. I just want
    >> put it on new PC.
    >>

    >> PS. No funny replies please

    > Ah OK. I hear ya. That is a good question. I would see if you can download
    > version from Norton and then just enter your license key. I believe you
    > can
    > do that. If not, get in touch with your tech and tell him you need a CD...
    >
    > Michael
    > --
    >
    > "Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems." -
    > Linus Torvald

    maybe you would like to set the other straight then....if he bothers to
    listen
    john townsley, Apr 11, 2005
  19. john townsley

    Leythos Guest

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 02:54:42 +0000, wrote:

    > In article <4259e03e$0$5398$>, "john
    > townsley" <> wrote:
    >>Hi
    >>
    >>I have a copy of nortons anti-virus downloaded from the net and paid up
    >>to date. I am getting a new computer and want it on my new computer. How
    >>do I do that.
    >>
    >>Just copy the whole directory on norton anti-virus over or download
    >>again somehow?
    >>I cant find anything on the web site to download this
    >>
    >>what can i do

    > I can forgive theft but not incompetence :) If you're going to pirate
    > software, learn to do it right. And that means keeping the source.

    The OP said downloaded and PAID UP TO DATE - did you know that you can
    download the full product ONLINE from the Symantec site after you pay for
    it?

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me
    Leythos, Apr 11, 2005
  20. john townsley

    Leythos Guest

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:31:52 +0000, wrote:

    > In article <425a1ad2$0$5597$>, "john
    > townsley" <> wrote:
    >
    >>What is with you and thefts.........I bought the bloody thing and have
    >>paid to update it again.
    >>What theft??????????????????

    > If you had paid for it, you would have it; there would be no question of
    > how to get it again.

    Actually, there is a online site, called Symantec.com, where you can
    purchase their products online, without media, where it places a
    downloaded file somewhere on your computer (depends on how you have
    downloaded it and the browser) that is used to install it. The downloaded
    file and it's update files are needed. The symantec folder won't do any
    good, it's not a folder that can be copied and then work.

    Don't you just love jumping to assumptions based on lack of reading the
    OP's post - he already, twice, said he bought it and paid for the update.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me
    Leythos, Apr 11, 2005