    or must the drive be formatted first?

    Thank you,
    Emory
    Emory Richter, Nov 23, 2007

  2. Emory Richter

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 18:07:05 -0500, Emory Richter wrote:

    >With my bios set to start with the CD drive,
    >with a new XP disc in the CD drive and
    >with a brand new hard drive,
    >when I start the computer
    >will XP install,
    >or must the drive be formatted first?

    It could, but you can select where to install, delete and create
    partitions during the setup.

    >Thank you,
    >Emory

    If you try www.google.com , often mentioned in 24HSHD search for
    something related to your query,

    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 31,900,000 English pages for

    windows xp install

    .. (0.16 seconds)

    Install checklists such as,
    http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp
    even notes from MS
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/winxp/default.mspx

    Me
    why?, Nov 23, 2007

  3. In article <>,
    fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz says...

    On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 18:07:05 -0500, Emory Richter wrote:

    > [quoted text muted]
    >with a brand new hard drive,
    >when I start the computer
    >will XP install,
    >or must the drive be formatted first?

    It could, but you can select where to install, delete and create
    partitions during the setup.

    > [quoted text muted]
    >Thank you,
    >Emory

    If you try www.google.com , often mentioned in 24HSHD search for
    something related to your query,

    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 31,900,000 English pages for

    windows xp install

    .. (0.16 seconds)

    Install checklists such as,
    http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp
    even notes from MS
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/winxp/default.mspx

    Me

    why?, thanks for your response
    and for the helpful winsupersite link.

    Emory
    Emory Richter, Nov 24, 2007
  4. Emory Richter

    Plato Guest

    Emory Richter wrote:

    > With my bios set to start with the CD drive,
    > with a new XP disc in the CD drive and
    > with a brand new hard drive,
    > when I start the computer
    > will XP install,
    > or must the drive be formatted first?

    If a brand new install on a brand new hard drive, yes, the hard drive
    must be formatted first, even before that, if a brand new drive, it must
    be partioned even before you format.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Nov 25, 2007