Install without CD boot

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?RnJlZGRpZQ==?=, May 26, 2005.

  1. Our computer will not boot to the cd drive. We are running nt 4.0 now and
    need to install 2003. Any ideas will help.
    =?Utf-8?B?RnJlZGRpZQ==?=, May 26, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RnJlZGRpZQ==?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    If the machine can't boot from CD, it may be too old a unit to install 2003
    on. I know of no 64 bit hardware that does not support CD boot in the BIOS.
    It could be possible to install over a network share, but you have to boot
    into the new OS to install first.

    M. Murcek, May 26, 2005

  3. I suspect your hardware is 32 bit also, you are running (Windows NT 4.0),
    Windows XP Professional x64 cannot run on a 32 bit computer, it requires 64
    bit hardware.

    Read more here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888731
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 26, 2005
  4. Andre Da Costa <> wrote:
    > I suspect your hardware is 32 bit also, you are running (Windows NT
    > 4.0), Windows XP Professional x64 cannot run on a 32 bit computer, it
    > requires 64 bit hardware.

    I suspect he's plainly on the wrong group :)
    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 26, 2005
  5. How could I have missed that, thanks Christian.
    Freddie, here you go:
    microsoft.public.windows.server.general
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    "Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Andre Da Costa, May 26, 2005