Install Windows XP x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmNpcw==?=, Jul 20, 2005.

  1. Hello all,

    I just set up a new rig: ASUS A8V Deluxe, AMD 64 3200+, 1 GB Kingston, 80 GB
    Seagate SATA, 80 GB Maxtor EIDE, ATI Radeon 9600XT.

    I am installing Windows XP x64 on the SATA drive (connected to the VIA
    K8T800 Pro Controller). I succesfully used the F6 method to get Windows x64
    to recognize the SATA drive using dirvers provided from ASUS. After
    selecting the SATA drive and formatting, Windows asks for a "VIA RAID Combo
    Driver Diskette" to be inserted in the floppy drive. I have tried what I
    thought was the right disk (VIA Hyperion Pro 0.99) to get past this issue,
    but this did not work.

    I am currently stuck here...I have no idea what to do now.

    Also, I should mention that Windows x64 recognizes the SATA drive when I
    install x64 on the IDE drive...I was reading/writing data from the SATA
    drive. So, the SATA drive works fine.

    Please HELP!!!!!

    Thanks,

    Francis

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmNpcw==?=, Jul 20, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmNpcw==?=

    Rick Guest

    You need to go to www.viaarena.com and download the latest drivers. The
    version you are trying to use are old and do not have the required
    decorations.

    Rick, Jul 20, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmNpcw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Also make sure you get the 64-bit version.

    John Barnes, Jul 20, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmNpcw==?=

    Rick Guest

    I would think that should be intuitively obvious to the even most casual
    observer.

    Rick, Jul 20, 2005
  5. Hello,
    Updated drivers is more than likely the correct answer.
    It's too early for decorations to be the issue, that wouldn't happen until
    after the first reboot.
    It's looking for the disk with the volume label "VIA RAID Combo Driver
    Diskette".
    Probably something in the txtsetup.oem file on the initial disk is pointing
    to this disk.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    <Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:46:31 -0400