    harddrive so I have a backup installation available?

    --
    ....scribble...scribble...scribble...

    =?Utf-8?B?dW13aGF0?=, Feb 16, 2007

  2. I would be more inclined to do an initial installation and then use an
    imaging utility to create a baseline backup that you could recover from.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 16, 2007

  3. umwhat wrote:
    > For reinstalling purposes, is it going to work ok if I install 64 bit
    > edition to a second partition then copy the installation to the first
    > harddrive so I have a backup installation available?

    No. At the very least, all of the pertinent registry entries will
    point to the wrong partition.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Bruce Chambers, Feb 16, 2007
  4. Not, I think, if the B/U is used to recover the installation to the original
    (2:nd Partition). More economical, though, to use imaging as Charlie said -
    or perhaps even a mirroring RAID?

    Tony. . .

    "Bruce Chambers" <3t> wrote in message
    > umwhat wrote:
    > > For reinstalling purposes, is it going to work ok if I install 64 bit
    > > edition to a second partition then copy the installation to the first
    > > harddrive so I have a backup installation available?
    > >

    > No. At the very least, all of the pertinent registry entries will
    > point to the wrong partition.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you:
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. -Bertrand

    Russell

    Tony Sperling, Feb 16, 2007