Install Windows 2000?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Gordon, Nov 14, 2004.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    Jack Barrett wrote:
    > I have a friends PC which I am fixing and wiping the HD clean.
    > They had Windows ME.
    > Is it worth it to install Windows 2000?
    > It would be more stable and faster than ME.
    > They just do basic applications and emailing at home.
    > Suggestions welcome.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jack Barrett
    > My Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

    ANYTHING is better than Windows ME!

    Jack Barrett, Nov 14, 2004

  3. Gordon

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:07:54 GMT, in
    <upLld.3739$>
    Jack Barrett scrawled:

    >I have a friends PC which I am fixing and wiping the HD clean.
    >They had Windows ME.
    >Is it worth it to install Windows 2000?
    >It would be more stable and faster than ME.
    >They just do basic applications and emailing at home.
    >Suggestions welcome.
    >
    >Thanks,

    Even Windows 98SE is better than Millennium. Go for it.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 14, 2004
  4. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Sun,
    14 Nov 2004 16:07:54 GMT, "Jack Barrett" <>
    screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

    >I have a friends PC which I am fixing and wiping the HD clean.
    >They had Windows ME.
    >Is it worth it to install Windows 2000?
    >It would be more stable and faster than ME.
    >They just do basic applications and emailing at home.
    >Suggestions welcome.
    >
    >Thanks,

    Windows ME was a mess. You answered your own question when you said it
    would be faster and more stable. THough it would run (though not very
    well) on 128 megs of RAM, I would advise having at least 256 megs of
    RAM on the machine.

    Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Nov 14, 2004