    and everything seems to be OK. Anyone else had this come up on 7/9/2009 and
    what did you do if anything. I read it was just a misleading notice. Thanks
    Tommy R

    Tom, Jul 10, 2009

  2. Hello,

    Which software gave you that notice? Can you tell us what the message said
    exactly?

    It is strange for a software to recommend reinstalling XP.
    __
    Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service
    Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv NTSC PAL

    Singapore Computer Service, Jul 10, 2009

  3. Tom

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 17:54:01 +0800, Singapore Computer Service wrote:

    > Hell

    Fix your sig delimiter and quit top-posting.

    Aardvark, Jul 10, 2009
  4. Tom

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > I have received a noticed to reinstall the XP pro windows or my system may
    > not be unstable. I noticed this on a few computers in my house and also in
    > the office. This does give you a choice to disregard the notice and I did
    > and everything seems to be OK. Anyone else had this come up on 7/9/2009 and
    > what did you do if anything. I read it was just a misleading notice. Thanks
    > Tommy R

    What *exactly* did the message say?

    Desk Rabbit, Jul 10, 2009
  5. Tom

    elaich Guest

    "Tom" <> wrote in

    > I have received a noticed to reinstall the XP pro windows or my system
    > may not be unstable.

    Your system "may not be UNstable?"

    I'm really surprised that the Linux guys weren't all over that one.

    elaich, Jul 10, 2009
  6. elaich <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<h37ilh$7a9$>:

    >"Tom" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I have received a noticed to reinstall the XP pro windows or my

    system
    >> may not be unstable.

    >Your system "may not be UNstable?"
    >
    >I'm really surprised that the Linux guys weren't all over that one.

    Because you beat me to it :)

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 10, 2009
  7. Tom

    chuckcar Guest

    "Tom" <> wrote in news:4a56f962$0$5930$:

    > I have received a noticed to reinstall the XP pro windows or my system
    > may not be unstable.

    Then everything is probably fine. So what?

    > I noticed this on a few computers in my house and also in
    > the office. This does give you a choice to disregard the notice and I
    > did and everything seems to be OK. Anyone else had this come up on
    > 7/9/2009 and what did you do if anything. I read it was just a
    > misleading notice. Thanks Tommy R

    In an email? what was the address of the sender? It sounds like you need
    to work on your junk mail filters to stop from getting messages from
    people you've never heard of.

    BTW such messages are perfect ways of infecting your computer with viri,
    trojans and any other sort of nasty software you could possibly dream up.
    As I said ignore (*without* opening even) or filter them out.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 10, 2009
  8. Tom

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 21:01:16 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >"Tom" <> wrote in news:4a56f962$0$5930$:
    >
    >> I have received a noticed to reinstall the XP pro windows or my system
    >> may not be unstable.

    >Then everything is probably fine. So what?

    You truly are clueless...

    >In an email?

    OMG you're kidding right??

    Evan Platt, Jul 11, 2009
  9. Tom

    larrylaundry Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > I have received a noticed to reinstall the XP pro windows or my system may
    > not be unstable. I noticed this on a few computers in my house and also in
    > the office. This does give you a choice to disregard the notice and I did
    > and everything seems to be OK. Anyone else had this come up on 7/9/2009 and
    > what did you do if anything. I read it was just a misleading notice. Thanks
    > Tommy R

    I saw that or something similar on a laptop I bought that was crammed
    with malware and the like. Don't know If you
    do adaware and all but this doesn't sound right. I cannot think of
    anything that would tell you to reinstall windows,
    let alone when you do not need to.

    except for maybe some posters here.

    larrylaundry, Jul 12, 2009