    I am stuck and need help/advice.

    Thanks

    Cappy
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FwcHk=?=, Oct 6, 2005

  2. Well, to answer my own question (since I got it working) I can only assume
    that the Sun Brand USB Keyboard was incapatible or the USB Hub didn't install
    correctly.

    I didn't use a very scientific apporach to decerning the exact cause because
    I went and bought a USB Microsoft Keyboard and did I "repair" re-install and
    it's finishing up the install as we speak.

    Cappy

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FwcHk=?=, Oct 6, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FwcHk=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I'm personally confused why anyone here would buy any piece of Microsoft
    hardware.

    John Barnes, Oct 6, 2005
  4. Cappy wrote:

    >I have a Sun Java[TM] Workstation W1100z and want to run WinXP64 on the new
    >Opteron CPU. The WS has 5GB of RAM (which XP will only use 4GB of) so I am
    >really anxious to see if this combo will become my next dream machine with
    >the 64bit running

    XP x64 supports 128Gb of RAM, so all 5Gb *will* be available.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Oct 6, 2005
  5. Well, it wasn't a shamless plug...it was just the only USB Keyboard that
    Staples had in stock...

    I've got the whole thing up and running now. Dual boot and it's working fine.

    Now I just need to find:

    1. A better Video Card that's compatible with everything.
    2. A good benchmark testing program for the Office stuff as well as the
    Video since it's going to be used for both.

    Cappy

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FwcHk=?=, Oct 7, 2005