    if some one please help it would be much appreciated ,

    -----
    azher

    homer, Jun 10, 2004

  2. homer

    Keith Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:16:53 +0100,
    homer <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > can some one please tell me how to install a DVD ROM and a Writer on a
    > Computer as when I install them I get two beeps fro my motherboard and then
    > pc boots up but does not recognise the motherboard it happen weather I
    > install them on the primary or secondary slave. It works when I install the
    > could writer and DVD RAM vice verca the DVD RAM being on the primary and
    > the other method DVD rom being on primary..
    >

    > if some one please help it would be much appreciated ,

    Check to make sure that you have set the devices for master or slave mode,
    some devices also allow cable select. Consult the DVD manual or do a search
    at google.com for a manul for your units.

    --
    Best Regards, Keith
    http://kilowatt-radio.org/ NW Oregon Radio Page

    Keith, Jun 10, 2004

  3. homer

    Smoker Guest

    "homer" <iamathome.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > can some one please tell me how to install a DVD ROM and a Writer on a
    > Computer as when I install them I get two beeps fro my motherboard and

    then
    > pc boots up but does not recognise the motherboard it happen weather I
    > install them on the primary or secondary slave. It works when I install

    the
    > could writer and DVD RAM vice verca the DVD RAM being on the primary and
    > the other method DVD rom being on primary..
    >

    > if some one please help it would be much appreciated ,
    >
    > -----

    2 beeps could indicate a memory error. Or a video card error. Depends on
    your BIOS and what the beeps sound like, 2 short beeps, one short beep then
    a long beep? Please try to be explicit. The more details you give the better
    we will be able to help you.

    What do you mean by, "pc boots up but does not recognize the motherboard?"

    What is the difference between your DVD ROM and your DVD RAM?

    As a guess, I suggest you try putting both your DVD and Writer on the same
    IDE channel. And make sure your jumpers are set properly, if applicable.

    Smoker, Jun 11, 2004
  4. homer

    homer Guest

    "Smoker" <> wrote in message

    > "homer" <iamathome.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > can some one please tell me how to install a DVD ROM and a Writer on a
    > > Computer as when I install them I get two beeps fro my motherboard and

    > then
    > > pc boots up but does not recognise the motherboard it happen weather I
    > > install them on the primary or secondary slave. It works when I install

    > the
    > > could writer and DVD RAM vice verca the DVD RAM being on the primary

    and
    > > the other method DVD rom being on primary..
    > >

    > > if some one please help it would be much appreciated ,
    > >
    > > -----

    > 2 beeps could indicate a memory error. Or a video card error. Depends on
    > your BIOS and what the beeps sound like, 2 short beeps, one short beep

    then
    > a long beep? Please try to be explicit. The more details you give the

    better
    > we will be able to help you.
    >
    > What do you mean by, "pc boots up but does not recognize the motherboard?"
    >
    > What is the difference between your DVD ROM and your DVD RAM?
    >
    > As a guess, I suggest you try putting both your DVD and Writer on the same
    > IDE channel. And make sure your jumpers are set properly, if applicable.

    hi,

    was just the jumpers not being set.

    regards

    azher

    homer, Jun 11, 2004
  5. homer

    homer Guest

    "Smoker" <> wrote in message

    > "homer" <iamathome.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > can some one please tell me how to install a DVD ROM and a Writer on a
    > > Computer as when I install them I get two beeps fro my motherboard and

    > then
    > > pc boots up but does not recognise the motherboard it happen weather I
    > > install them on the primary or secondary slave. It works when I install

    > the
    > > could writer and DVD RAM vice verca the DVD RAM being on the primary

    and
    > > the other method DVD rom being on primary..
    > >

    > > if some one please help it would be much appreciated ,
    > >
    > > -----

    > 2 beeps could indicate a memory error. Or a video card error. Depends on
    > your BIOS and what the beeps sound like, 2 short beeps, one short beep

    then
    > a long beep? Please try to be explicit. The more details you give the

    better
    > we will be able to help you.
    >
    > What do you mean by, "pc boots up but does not recognize the motherboard?"
    >
    > What is the difference between your DVD ROM and your DVD RAM?
    >
    > As a guess, I suggest you try putting both your DVD and Writer on the same
    > IDE channel. And make sure your jumpers are set properly, if applicable.
    >
    > thx for ure help was just the jumper settings.

    azher

    homer, Jun 11, 2004