Install problems - wont boot up

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Zack Whittaker \(R2 Mentor\), Jan 5, 2006.

  1. Hey,

    When the setup CD is inserted, on bootup it isn't detected by the system.
    However, when we put with Win98 disk in it does... so I've definately
    configured it to read from CD drive on startup. I've tried installing from
    Windows and it just tells me to install it from bootup (but cannot be
    detected) and then when we try running the Setup.exe from DOS, it then tells
    us that it cannot be run from DOS!!

    I have no idea how to get x64 XP onto my new computer... any ideas would be
    greatly appreciated.

    All the best,

    --
    Zack Whittaker
    Microsoft Beta (Windows Server R2 Beta Mentor)
    Zack Whittaker \(R2 Mentor\), Jan 5, 2006

  2. Zack Whittaker \(R2 Mentor\)

    John Barnes Guest

    Would appear to be something wrong with your CD. How did you get your disk.
    Several here have had problems writing the CD. If you have downloaded the
    trial, you might try to burn it at a slower speed. If you bought it you
    might try cleaning it.

    John Barnes, Jan 5, 2006

  3. Hi Zack. :)
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 5, 2006
  4. Hey Andre :eek:)

    I got my discs from the TechNet Plus - a gift from Wendy (program manager
    Windows Server 2003 R2) - but it so happens I've fixed it now... I should
    have originally created a boot image disk thingy using Nero!

    Thanks anyway guys :eek:)

    Zack Whittaker \(R2 Mentor\), Jan 5, 2006
  5. But if its ISO, would it not automatically be bootable already? All you
    would have needed to do was just choose to burn an image to disk in NERO.

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 5, 2006