Install on Demand Error

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by DaBrowns, Jan 4, 2004.

  1. DaBrowns

    DaBrowns Guest

    On pretty common occassion, when I log onto a website. Any website -
    sometimes one will give me this error, and sometimes the same site will not.

    The first pop up message says:
    "Heading: Install on Demand (Internet Explorer).
    Message: To display this page correctly, you need to download and install
    the following components:

    Downlad Size: Download Time:
    and the box to check for "Never download any of these components."
    before you have a chance to even READ this message, a second pop up pops up
    that says:

    Header: Microsoft Internet Explorer
    Then the message (with yellow warning triangle) "Installation of the
    component failed. Please try again later or choose 'Windows Update' under
    the Internet Explorer 'Tools' menu to install this component.
    Then you click OK...

    And you can use the browser as normal. I don't know exactly what it thinks
    it's wanting to install... But it never gets a chance to even try! Or gives
    an option for me to say DON"T DO THAT AGAIN. Can someone tell me how to get
    rid of this?

    Thank you...

    Marylee

    DaBrowns, Jan 4, 2004

  2. DaBrowns

    Michael-NC Guest

    Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>

    Uncheck "Install on demand"

    Michael-NC, Jan 4, 2004

  3. DaBrowns

    Wizard Guest

    Start/control panel/ Internet Options/advanced/check "Enable install on
    demand IE"

    Wizard, Jan 5, 2004
  4. DaBrowns

    rza

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    related issue

    I have a similar issue with a box popping up that wants to install Java Virtual Machine. The problem is though, a level 1 tech checked the box to 'Never download any of these components' Now the box doesn't pop up anymore. Does anyone know how to get it back?

    rza, Aug 3, 2007