Install of Vista 32bit after the 64bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by morvi, Apr 21, 2008.

  1. morvi

    morvi Guest

    I have a pre installed Vista Home Premium 64bit (and the cd - activated by me
    2 days ago) in my brand new computer.
    I realised this wont fit me and want to install now the 32bit version.

    2 qeststions:

    1.- Do I need to buy a full 32Bit version? or I there any king of upgrade
    option.

    2.- Can someone give me some clues about how to do this install of the 32bit
    after the 64bit?
    e.g. Do I start by formatting the HD or should I install on top?

    - I've asked the PC provider and all they can tell me is that all the 32bit
    drivers are in the CD's I've got with the PC.
    (I am no PC expert but can understand quite well)

    Thanks for any clues
    Morvi

    morvi, Apr 21, 2008

  2. morvi

    Theo Guest

    morvi wrote:
    > I have a pre installed Vista Home Premium 64bit (and the cd - activated by me
    > 2 days ago) in my brand new computer.
    > I realised this wont fit me and want to install now the 32bit version.
    >
    > 2 qeststions:
    >
    > 1.- Do I need to buy a full 32Bit version? or I there any king of upgrade
    > option.

    You will need the 32-bit version DVD and will have to do a
    clean install of the 32-bit version.

    > 2.- Can someone give me some clues about how to do this install of the 32bit
    > after the 64bit?
    > e.g. Do I start by formatting the HD or should I install on top?

    The quickest and easiest way is to delete the current
    partition, then let Vista create a new on and go from there.

    > - I've asked the PC provider and all they can tell me is that all the 32bit
    > drivers are in the CD's I've got with the PC.
    > (I am no PC expert but can understand quite well)

    If you have an OEM version that came with a computer, you
    will have to see if the Vendor has some sort of Exchange
    program, or you will have to buy either a 32-bit Retail
    version or a 32-bit OEM version. Either version will need a
    new Product Key associated with it.

    Theo, Apr 21, 2008

  3. morvi

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Is the present system, Vista Hope Premium 64 bit, an OEM version or "retail"
    full install package?

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007

    Tom Ferguson, Apr 21, 2008
  4. morvi

    morvi Guest

    It is the OEM version!

    Morvi

    morvi, Apr 21, 2008
  5. morvi

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    OK. You definitely need to purchase a license for the 32-bit version.
    However, there is a possible benefit. If you want, you could install it to
    dual boot with the 64 bit system.

    This requires a bit of setting-up. You would shrink the present partition on
    the HD. Then install the 32-bit system. There are detailed instructions on
    various Internet sites.
    --

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007

    Tom Ferguson, Apr 21, 2008
  6. morvi

    morvi Guest

    Whoah! -

    I sure it an option to some people but I am going back to the 32 bit version
    to avoid problems - not really enjoy expending my life solving computer
    problems.

    I see I need a new license for the 32-bit version (grrrrr).

    One last question if you know - I have seen in ebay several advertised as
    OEM - are they ok or I need to get a full retail ?

    Mauricio

    morvi, Apr 21, 2008
  7. OEM will work but the license is not transferrable to another computer
    later. As long as you understand that, OEM should be sufficient.

    Colin Barnhorst, Apr 21, 2008
  8. morvi

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    :))

    OK.

    OEM is fine. I would use the disk management facilities on the DVD to delete
    the present partition(s) and install to the empty HD. Make sure you have
    backed yup any user files you need or want.
    --

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007

    Tom Ferguson, Apr 22, 2008