    that the old x64 version OS was on or can i upgrade with the OEM version by
    installing from within XP x64 v1433?
    Your help is greatly appreciated.

    Tim, Aug 10, 2005

  2. Tim

    John Barnes Guest

    It is not supported to upgrade from a beta. You should definitely reformat
    and do a fresh install.

    John Barnes, Aug 10, 2005

  3. I'd strongly recommend doing a fresh install. The upgrade from the beta might
    work, but you'd set yourself up for problems later. The unfortunate part of
    betas is that they are just that -- a beta. And the last thing you want is
    any lingering issues with your system because the beta didn't get completely
    cleared out.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 10, 2005
  4. The license for that beta build has expired and is not covered under the
    upgrade path. Backup any necessary data and do a clean install.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Aug 10, 2005
  5. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Thanks for you advice. I will do a clean install (reformat) and hope for the
    best as far as driver setup and install.

    Tim, Aug 10, 2005
  6. Tim

    John Barnes Guest

    Make sure to collect the latest drivers you will need, especially any SATA
    and/or RAID drivers you need for the install.

    John Barnes, Aug 10, 2005
  7. Andre;
    The license being expired has nothing to do with it since the new 64 bit is
    a full version.
    There simply may be problems as others have already stated.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Aug 10, 2005
  8. I was talking about 1433, its expired meaning, if you end up trouble trying
    to upgrade it, you can't use that as an excuse with Tech Support.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Aug 10, 2005
  9. LISTEN to John! As he says -- make sure you have all your drivers lined up
    ahead of time. Burn them all to a CD, make your F6 floppy, etc.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 10, 2005
  10. Very true.
    Whether it is possible or not to upgrade a Beta, it should never be done.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Aug 10, 2005
  11. Printer drivers seem to be lacking for most users.

    En Mi Casa Toman Bustello

    Ciao

    Claudius Nero Germanicus, Aug 10, 2005
  12. Tim

    John Barnes Guest

    Perfect printer drivers are missing for most, but good default printer
    drivers are available for many. If you do 4800x1200 colour printing you are
    out of luck unless you have a specific driver. Very good black and white
    and good colour is available with substitute drivers for many printers.

    John Barnes, Aug 10, 2005
  13. oooooh, I'm scared.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Aug 10, 2005
  14. Epson has released some 64 bit drivers and luckily mine was one of them.
    Stylus C64.

    Venus Ventura, Aug 11, 2005