    But in XP, there is no where I can add fonts like that.

    How do you do it please?

    Rajinder

    Chaudhry Nijjhar Jatt, Jan 23, 2006

  2. Chaudhry Nijjhar Jatt

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:U6VAf.210$,
    Chaudhry Nijjhar Jatt spewed forth:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have got a new computer with XP Home edition. I am trying to get
    > the fonts in Punjabi loaded onto the PC but no success.
    >
    > In Win98Se,
    > I usede to save the fonts download and then went to control panel,
    > fonts and added them on.
    >
    > But in XP, there is no where I can add fonts like that.
    >
    > How do you do it please?
    >
    > Rajinder

    I do it by reading the HELP FILE.
    <quote>
    To add a new font to your computer
    Open Fonts in Control Panel.
    On the File menu, click Install New Font.
    In Drives, click the drive you want.
    In Folders, double-click the folder that contains the fonts you want to add.

    In List of fonts, click the font you want to add, and then click OK.
    To add all of the listed fonts, click Select All, and then click OK.
    Notes
    To open Fonts, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click
    Fonts.
    To select more than one font to add, hold down the CTRL key, and then click
    each of the fonts you want to add.
    You can also drag OpenType, TrueType, Type 1, and raster fonts from another
    location to add them to the Fonts folder. This works only if the font is not
    already in the Fonts folder.
    To add fonts from a network drive without using disk space on your computer,
    make sure that the Copy fonts to Fonts folder check box, in the Add Fonts
    dialog box, is clear. This is available only when you install OpenType,
    TrueType, or raster fonts using the Install New Font option on the File
    menu.
    </quote?

    Toolman Tim, Jan 23, 2006

  3. Hi,