    Ad-Aware and a lot of others), but no cure... And a couple of virus-checkers
    of course...
    What is going on?
    Luc Henrot, Jun 20, 2008

  2. Luc Henrot

    thecreator Guest

    Hi Luc,

    Have you disabled your Anti-Virus Background Scanner as well as any
    other Background process that is protecting you before you install any other
    program?

    --
    thecreator

    thecreator, Jun 20, 2008

  3. Luc Henrot

    Luc Henrot Guest

    Hello Creator,

    Oh boy, you were perfectly right in the middle of it!
    It's already a couple of weeks I am desperately looking for a solution,
    paasing through all laind of forums all over Europe. Good advices, but no
    solution...

    I doubted about your solution: in fact I was afraid tot uninstal my
    Virus-scanner as I was not sure that could re-install it (because of my
    problem...). After your message, which containted a logical solution, I
    deceided after all to do the uninstall. After this, my updates installed
    without any problem, and some other problems I had with my PC were resolved
    at once...
    My virus-scanner released a new version, which was installed as part of a
    daily routine. This version is better (so they say), preventing some more
    dangers... included the installation of new software. Yes, if that's
    'better'...

    Anyway, thank you very very very very much !!!

    Luc Henrot, Jun 20, 2008
  4. Luc Henrot

    Carlos Guest

    Luc,