install for MS .NET framework 1.1 shut down wireless connection. Help!

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by I-ball, Dec 7, 2005.

  1. I-ball

    I-ball Guest

    While installing Crystal Ball v7.2 from Decisioneering (stochastic modeling
    software), I was required to first install MS .NET framework 1.1 and the
    related service pack. Did that with no errors reported.

    Upon reboot I can no longer connect to my Linksys wireless router in
    wireless mode. Ethernet works fine, but the wireless adapter seems to be
    affected. The adapter is enabled, but it cannot connect. Furthermore, when
    searching for available mireless networks it sees no SSIDs in the area (and
    there are many broadcasting within reach). I have a built-in wireless
    adapter (High Rate Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Adapter with Modem II) and the
    ethernet adapter is an Intel PRO/100 VE. router is a Linksys 802.11b. I
    know the router is still broadcasting because my other PC picks it up.

    How did the Microsoft .NET install screw things up? How can I get my
    wireless connection back up and running?

    Thanks in advance for suggestions and advice.

    I-ball, Dec 7, 2005

  2. RE: install for MS .NET framework 1.1 shut down wireless connection.

    What is this "High Rate Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Adapter"? does it use Windows
    to contol the connection or has it's own utility?
    --PA

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Dec 7, 2005

  3. I-ball

    I-ball Guest

    Re: install for MS .NET framework 1.1 shut down wireless connection.

    I solved it .... just had to delete the driver and reinstall it on reboot.
    Somehow the .NET install corrupted the wireless adapter device driver.
    Fixed now. I still hate microsoft.

    I-ball, Dec 8, 2005