    Any suggestions as to possible causes/solutions to this ?

    Thanks in advance,
    Dennis
    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tbXkgIlRvbWF0byIgRG95bGU=?=, Oct 6, 2005

  2. You need to get the latest F6 Drivers for your hard disk from either your
    OEM (HP) or http://www.PlanetAMD64.com

    Here is some additional info on loading the drivers written by Charlie
    Russel:
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/06/11/52162.aspx
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/07/25/59560.aspx
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 6, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VG9tbXkgIlRvbWF0byIgRG95bGU=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Have you tried 'enable VGA Mode' to see if maybe there are video problems
    other than driver problems. Maybe you have to change some settings.
    If that doesn't work there is an option which will show any stop codes on a
    one time basis, maybe you could try that and see if there is a driver stop
    problem.
    Also you could try to install the video drivers for x64 if you have them.

    John Barnes, Oct 6, 2005
  4. Maybe I am crazy but it sounds to me like you may have the settings on the
    hard drive set incorrectly. Some sata drives give you the ability to chose
    master or slave settings, if you have one of these drives you must have the
    drive in question set to slave or you will have the exact problem you
    describe. Hope this helps. Good luck.

    =?Utf-8?B?U0FUQSBkcml2ZSBpbnN0YWxsIGlzc3Vl?=, Oct 15, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?VG9tbXkgIlRvbWF0byIgRG95bGU=?=

    Rick Guest

    What brand and model SATA have you seen with 'master' and 'slave'
    settings? I have never ran across one with the selection capability.

    Rick, Oct 15, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?VG9tbXkgIlRvbWF0byIgRG95bGU=?=

    Rick Guest

    The following was extracted from the SATA comparisons and specifications
    that can be found at:

    http://www.sata-io.org/satatechnology.asp

    THERE IS NO MASTER & SLAVE DESIGNATION WITH SATA!

    READ THE LAST SENTENCE BELOW!

    Serial ATA – Beyond Better Signaling Characteristics…

    Connection Methodology

    Ultra ATA – Master/Slave Shared Bus
    Ultra ATA technology supports up to 2 drives per channel via a shared
    bus. Though the two attached devices are referred to as “master†and
    “slaveâ€, there is no difference in operation between or priority given
    to the connected devices. The host bus adapter is the true bus master
    and uses the master/slave status of the drives to route requests to the
    correct device and to determine the boot device. Though Ultra ATA
    supports a command queuing algorithm, it is rarely incorporated into
    devices, and thus the data bus is locked if a command to either drive is
    outstanding. Because of this, the bus bandwidth is shared between the
    master and slave devices when both are actively interacting with the host.

    Serial ATA – Point to Point Connections for Dedicated Bandwidth
    Serial ATA uses a point-to-point connection topology, meaning that each
    source is connected to one destination. Each channel has the capability
    to work independently so that there is no contention between drives and
    thus no sharing of interface bandwidth. This connection strategy also
    negates the need for master/slave jumper settings on devices.

    Note: This connection strategy also negates the need for master/slave
    jumper settings on devices.

    Rick, Oct 15, 2005