    i know that the scanner program was wiped off the pc before and I can see
    not see any trace of it in add/remove programs.
    any idea as to how to proceed to install it please? thanks

    jw 111, Apr 11, 2005

  2. jw 111

    Livewire Guest

    In article <e4t6e.20143$>, blue.star77
    @REMOOVEvirgin.net says...
    > trying to install a umax scanner driver on to a windows 98 pc. the box says
    > you cannot install more than one program, and wont proceed.
    > i know that the scanner program was wiped off the pc before and I can see
    > not see any trace of it in add/remove programs.
    > any idea as to how to proceed to install it please? thanks

    Probably one or more lurking Registry entries.

    Try using Regedit and search for entries with Umax or Scanner. Then
    delete each value.

    BUT -- -- back up your Registry files first, or you might hit big big
    problems.

    Livewire, Apr 11, 2005

  3. jw 111

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:20:42 GMT, "jw 111"
    <> wrote:

    >trying to install a umax scanner driver on to a windows 98 pc. the box says
    >you cannot install more than one program, and wont proceed.

    "You cannot install more than one program" or does it say something
    else? I can't imagine that's what the error you get says.

    >i know that the scanner program was wiped off the pc before and I can see
    >not see any trace of it in add/remove programs.

    What scanner program? Just because it's not in add/remove programs
    doesn't mean it's been wiped.

    >any idea as to how to proceed to install it please? thanks

    Yes. Give us some more details, and exact errors.

    Evan Platt, Apr 11, 2005