    just I press a key upon message " press any key to boot from CD". My mb and
    CPU both support 64bits O/S. Any idea ?

    thanks

    bob, Dec 14, 2009

  2. Hi,
    self created cd ? (slipstream or else)
    -> bootrecord not correctly setup

    jk

    Juergen Kluth, Dec 14, 2009

  3. If the machine is rebooting part way through the installation you should
    ignore the message. The only time you should boot from the CD is when
    you are starting the installation.

    The message is sent by the BIOS when it recognises the presence of a
    bootable disk.

    Dominic Payer, Dec 14, 2009
  4. bob

    Carlos Guest

    Bob,
    Press "any key" only once when starting the installation.
    Disregard any further "press any key" as they are not required.
    Just leave the disc inside the drive and let the instalation continue once
    the "press any key" prompt has disappeared.
    CARLos

    Carlos, Dec 14, 2009