    to the final stages of rebooting for the last time and then it will restart
    and go strait to safe mode and there it sits. wont even go into safe mode?
    any advice?

    =?Utf-8?B?a2FwYXFz?=, May 14, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?a2FwYXFz?=

    warpsix Guest

    i have the a8v also with the 3200 cpu and 1 gig ram
    i had to turn of the promis controler and use f6 to use the via sata.
    make sure you update your bios ,some older a8v have the 1006 bios need
    to upgrade to 1009 or the new one 1011 ,i would bet it's the video
    driver .i used the geforce 5700 256meg on my board

    warpsix, May 14, 2005

  3. Wrong set of drivers, is my guess. Or you are connected to the wrong set of
    SATA connectors on the mobo. That mobo has 4 SATA connectors - two next to
    the Promise chip, marked SATA RAID2 and SATA RAID1, and two up between the
    VIA chip and the floppy connector, marked SATA1 and SATA2. You need to use
    the ones marked SATA1 and SATA2, they connect to the VIA RAID controller.
    Disable the Promise controller in the BIOS. And use the drivers from
    "laughingboy" on the planetamd64.com site. (The ones from VIA may also be OK,
    but I haven't used them. I have used the laughingboy ones. They work.)

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 14, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?a2FwYXFz?=

    mickie Guest

    I am not sure weither this is just a Luxuary on the MSI boards nforce 250gb,
    but if you are not setting up a raid using more than 1 drive you do not
    have to F6 any kind of sata drivers at all.
    As long as your sata is enabled in Bios your drives should be detected. You
    may however have to set the boot sequence to Sata first

    I guess when readin your Orignal Post most would assume that you are trying
    to set up a raid therefore you will require mass storage drivers (f6)
    however & forgive me if I am incorrect I am wondering weither your just
    trying to install your OS on a single Sata drive and as I said above you
    don't as far as you don't need to F6 any extra drivers.

    And if you still have problems.....I can highly reccomend the MSI K8N neo
    Platinum series. Raid is simple to set up as well as single sata drives.

    Hope this helps.

    Michael

    mickie, May 15, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?a2FwYXFz?=

    Rick Guest

    You have good information for those with nVidia chips. There are no
    SATA drivers in the x64 package for VIA chips, though. So you must use
    a floppy and the latest drivers, not version 0.99 from last summer, to
    use the VIA SATA channel.

    The current version for VIA SATA is 4.30c and was released last month.

    Rick, May 15, 2005

    =?Utf-8?B?a2FwYXFz?=, May 16, 2005
  7. "Rick" wrote:

    > You have good information for those with nVidia chips. There are no
    > SATA drivers in the x64 package for VIA chips, though. So you must use
    > a floppy and the latest drivers, not version 0.99 from last summer, to
    > use the VIA SATA channel.
    >
    > The current version for VIA SATA is 4.30c and was released last month.
    >

    > mickie wrote:
    >
    > > I am not sure weither this is just a Luxuary on the MSI boards nforce 250gb,
    > > but if you are not setting up a raid using more than 1 drive you do not
    > > have to F6 any kind of sata drivers at all.
    > > As long as your sata is enabled in Bios your drives should be detected. You
    > > may however have to set the boot sequence to Sata first
    > >
    > > I guess when readin your Orignal Post most would assume that you are trying
    > > to set up a raid therefore you will require mass storage drivers (f6)
    > > however & forgive me if I am incorrect I am wondering weither your just
    > > trying to install your OS on a single Sata drive and as I said above you
    > > don't as far as you don't need to F6 any extra drivers.
    > >
    > > And if you still have problems.....I can highly reccomend the MSI K8N neo
    > > Platinum series. Raid is simple to set up as well as single sata drives.
    > >

    > > Hope this helps.
    > >

    > > Michael

    Yea you know i did get all the latest drivers from via and asus for the 64
    bit. i thought maybe someone else was having problems too, or could help?

    =?Utf-8?B?a2FwYXFz?=, May 16, 2005