Instagram users are losers

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Dec 18, 2012.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. RichA

    Rob Guest

    On 19/12/2012 7:56 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
    > In article <2012121809482754536-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck
    > says...
    >> Never opened an account with, or used in anyway, FaceBook, Twitter, or
    >> Instagram. So I am experiencing no pain or anxiety over this non-news
    >> regarding a fad app bought by a weasel corporation with questionable
    >> motives.

    > I set up Google+ and Twitter accounts half a year or so ago, but haven't
    > used them so far. I even have a Flickr account, which I ended up not
    > using.

    Just wait until you get sent an email telling you that your on a friend
    list of contacts. Pissed me off.
    Rob, Dec 18, 2012

  3. Rob <> wrote:
    > On 19/12/2012 7:56 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
    >> In article <2012121809482754536-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck
    >> says...
    >>> Never opened an account with, or used in anyway, FaceBook, Twitter, or
    >>> Instagram. So I am experiencing no pain or anxiety over this non-news
    >>> regarding a fad app bought by a weasel corporation with questionable
    >>> motives.

    >> I set up Google+ and Twitter accounts half a year or so ago, but haven't
    >> used them so far. I even have a Flickr account, which I ended up not
    >> using.

    > Just wait until you get sent an email telling you that your on a friend
    > list of contacts. Pissed me off.

    But those emails are optional. If getting even just one was going to
    piss you off why did you sign up for them?

    --
    Chris Malcolm
    Chris Malcolm, Dec 18, 2012
  4. RichA

    Rob Guest

    On 19/12/2012 10:42 AM, Chris Malcolm wrote:
    > Rob <> wrote:
    >> On 19/12/2012 7:56 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
    >>> In article <2012121809482754536-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck
    >>> says...
    >>>
    >>> I set up Google+ and Twitter accounts half a year or so ago, but haven't
    >>> used them so far. I even have a Flickr account, which I ended up not
    >>> using.

    >> Just wait until you get sent an email telling you that your on a friend
    >> list of contacts. Pissed me off.

    > But those emails are optional. If getting even just one was going to
    > piss you off why did you sign up for them?

    I don't. It was used without consent submitted through Google. I try to
    keep my personal email clean of spam.

    I've had several, when you/they entry a rewards competition, some people
    will add your email address to their entry for extra points (in turn
    giving the organisers extra email addresses to distribute) I get spam
    from a variety of obscure sources who have my personal email which has
    not been disclosed to that source.

    At one stage, several years ago, I think it was twitter, was conned into
    signing up, didn't understand (wanted some information) signed up when
    I realised what it was, not what I was after. So I used the unsubscribe
    button - sorry try later or to that effect. Looking through the page
    code, found unsubscribe was never available and went nowhere.

    Too much personal information is being held on the internet.
    Rob, Dec 19, 2012
  5. RichA

    David Taylor Guest

    On 18/12/2012 20:56, Alfred Molon wrote:
    []
    > I set up Google+ and Twitter accounts half a year or so ago, but haven't
    > used them so far. I even have a Flickr account, which I ended up not
    > using.

    I find Twitter useful for my interest in F1 - quite a lot of photos are
    published in near-real-time, and at least one of the F1 photographers
    (Darren Heath) is on Twitter as well.

    Use Twitter if it suits you, otherwise forget it. Facebook I can't get
    the hang of, though!
    --
    Cheers,
    David