    'splice' to different photos together? I want to make some photo effects,
    and can't figure it out on my own. Thanks in advance.

    Chris S.

    Chris S, Jul 11, 2003

  2. "Chris S" <> wrote in message
    news:U%APa.6362$o54.3804@lakeread05...
    > Complete newbie question. What kind of program do I need to enable me to
    > 'splice' to different photos together? I want to make some photo effects,
    > and can't figure it out on my own. Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Chris S.

    Most image editing programs will do this. I use Paint Shop Pro; you can
    download a free trial version from www.jasc.com. Briefly, I make a new
    canvas (iamge area) big enough to hold both images side by side, copy both
    imagesinto the canvas, and move them around until the overlap properly. Then
    I merge the two. Once you know how, it doesn't take long to do. Recently,
    I made a panorama out of a dozen individual pictures.

    Marvin Margoshes, Jul 11, 2003

  3. Chris S

    Don Stauffer Guest

    Generically, these are called image editors or bitmap editors. However,
    this term is not usually used in advertising or on packages.

    They range from very expensive Photoshop down to twenty to thirty dollar
    programs (and a couple of freeware ones).

    There is a dilemma here- the full featured ones can be daunting to learn
    to use, because of all the features. However, if you buy one of the
    simpler, push-this-button ones that do everything automatically, you
    cannot then do the more creative stuff that you will want to do as you
    gain experience. Some cameras come with one of the later types. If you
    don't mind reading manuals, or buying a book at bookstore on some of the
    more capable ones, you can buy one of these now, and just gradually use
    more and more of the features. PSP and Photoshop Elements are a couple
    of very powerful ones running in the $80 -100 range. No more expensive
    than many of the accessories for cameras. A good editor is a powerful
    tool - in my mind much more important than a supplemental lens or more
    memory cards.

    --
    Don Stauffer in Minnesota

    Don Stauffer, Jul 12, 2003