    uker Guest

    I want to transfer a large hard drive from one PC to another? Can I do this
    with out losing data? Or will the drive need formatting, for it to work?
    uker, Nov 22, 2004

  2. uker

    Gary Danaher Guest

    uker wrote:

    > I want to transfer a large hard drive from one PC to another? Can I do this
    > with out losing data? Or will the drive need formatting, for it to work?

    It depends a little on the file system on the drive and where it is
    going. That is, if the drive is running in an NT/XP environment it is
    likely formatted in NTFS and connecting it to W98, it won't be readable.
    If it is FAT16 or FAT32, W95 and up can read it. Set the jumpers to
    slave, connect in series with the other drives, and check the bios to
    verify that they see the new drive.
    Gary Danaher, Nov 22, 2004