Inserting and naming chapters

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Carl, May 30, 2004.

  1. Carl

    Carl Guest

    First of all, I want to thank this group for advice on my tape to DVD
    project. I just purchased a Panasonic DMR-E85H and am well on my way
    to transfering about 100 hours of old VHS and 8mm tapes to DVD.

    I need to be able to divide up the long tapes that are now on the Hard
    Drive into titled segments. I have read the manual, but I am not
    conversant with the nomenclature. It talks about "divide title" and/or
    "divide chapter", with no explanation about what these terms mean.

    I want to send different DVDs to different family members, and need to
    segment the long recordings appropriately. If I could divide up the
    titles into various chapters and provide minimum information about
    each chapter, I could hopefully gather together the appropriate
    portions (chapters) from different recordings that are on the Hard
    Drive, and transfer them newly to separate DVD-Rs.

    The problem is that the manual is not very helpful and the Panasonic
    tech support says they are not familiar with the E85H, and can only
    refer me to the manual.

    Any comments on how to accomplish my objectives would be appreciated.

    Carl

    Carl, May 30, 2004