input errors on serial interface

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by stemilt, Apr 27, 2007.

1. stemilt

stemilt

I am experiencing input errors on a serial interface. The errors consist of crc and frame errors. They increment on a regular basis. It is on a point to point circuit over a T-1. The T-1 doesn't appear to be having any trouble. Also the router on the other end is not showing any errors. I have not seen these symptoms before and I wondering if anyone has any insight on this one. I have swapped out the TSU, router, and serial cable on the troubled end, with no change. So I don't think it is hardware, but the configuration has not been changed for quite some time either. Any ideas?

Stumped
    stemilt, Apr 27, 2007
    1. Advertising

2. stemilt

Zakkas

Call your T1 service provider and have them test the line (they'll loop the circuit and see if they see any errors) if they tell you they aren't seeing a problem it might just be one bad wire pair. They'll probably have to dispatch a technician. In alot of cases theres probably a bad wire-pair in the smartjack for the T1.
    Zakkas, Apr 27, 2007
    1. Advertising