    Malaga,WA
    I am experiencing input errors on a serial interface. The errors consist of crc and frame errors. They increment on a regular basis. It is on a point to point circuit over a T-1. The T-1 doesn't appear to be having any trouble. Also the router on the other end is not showing any errors. I have not seen these symptoms before and I wondering if anyone has any insight on this one. I have swapped out the TSU, router, and serial cable on the troubled end, with no change. So I don't think it is hardware, but the configuration has not been changed for quite some time either. Any ideas?

    Stumped
    stemilt, Apr 27, 2007

  2. stemilt

    Zakkas

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2006
    Messages:
    15
    Call your T1 service provider and have them test the line (they'll loop the circuit and see if they see any errors) if they tell you they aren't seeing a problem it might just be one bad wire pair. They'll probably have to dispatch a technician. In alot of cases theres probably a bad wire-pair in the smartjack for the T1.
    Zakkas, Apr 27, 2007