    an InPort mouse and I've never heard of it before.

    What machines use these strange devices?

    Thanks...

    Tony Cianfaglione, Nov 1, 2003

  2. Tony Cianfaglione

    °Mike° Guest

    Mouse Support for Nonstandard IRQs and IO Addresses
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;97847

    "SUMMARY
    Microsoft Mouse version 9.0 drivers support standard serial
    mouse ports and mouse ports that adhere to the IBM PS/2
    standard. The drivers do not support nonstandard IRQs and
    IO addresses for serial, PS/2, InPort bus board, or old-style
    bus board (the precursor of the InPort)."

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 19:07:27 -0400, in
    <>
    Tony Cianfaglione scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 1, 2003

  3. Howdy!

    "Tony Cianfaglione" <> wrote in message

    > I picked up a used Microsoft mouse at a thrift store thinking it was a
    > PS/2 mouse but later I noticed the strange pin assignment. It's called
    > an InPort mouse and I've never heard of it before.
    >
    > What machines use these strange devices?

    Anything with an InPort(tm) card installed.

    Nothing without said InPort(tm) card installed.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Nov 2, 2003
  4. Howdy back...

    On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Ralph Wade Phillips wrote:

    > > What machines use these strange devices?

    > Anything with an InPort(tm) card installed.
    >
    > Nothing without said InPort(tm) card installed.

    Where these proprietary cards for special purposes or just a general mouse
    card (although I can't imagine why anyone would want a proprietary mouse
    card when serial and PS/2 ports were so much handier and already
    built-in)?

    Tony Cianfaglione, Nov 2, 2003
  5. Tony Cianfaglione

    Mouser

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    inport card mouse

    Tony, these mice were used with older cards in the 1980. They were only made for a shor time. However, i am looking for a mouse like that. If you were going to sell it, how much would you want. Please email me

    Mouser, Dec 2, 2007