    product seems to have merit. Does anyone know of a dealer in Canada?
    Shipping from the USA is a royal pain in the ass.

    R.

    Rudy Benner, Jan 30, 2005

  2. "Rudy Benner" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am interesting in getting a strobe for my underwater camera, the INON
    >product seems to have merit. Does anyone know of a dealer in Canada?
    >Shipping from the USA is a royal pain in the ass.

    In my experience the worst part of the pain is caused by UPS.
    Many US retailers (like B&H) will ship USPS and that saves you a
    lot of $ and annoyance.
    Brian, in Cedar

    Brian Barnson, Jan 30, 2005

  3. Rudy Benner

    Rudy Benner Guest

    I hate UPS. They are the worst. I checked B&H and they do not seem to handle
    INON.

    Rudy Benner, Jan 30, 2005
  4. Rudy Benner

    Joe Makowiec Guest

    On 30 Jan 2005 in rec.photo.digital, Rudy Benner wrote:

    > I am interesting in getting a strobe for my underwater camera, the
    > INON product seems to have merit. Does anyone know of a dealer in
    > Canada? Shipping from the USA is a royal pain in the ass.

    Doesn't look good. From their North American website:

    http://inonamerica.com/howtobuy.php

    The corporate parent site is here:

    http://www.inon.co.jp/

    They have a UK affiliate/organization; I don't know if that would be any
    better shipping to Canada.

    --
    Joe Makowiec
    http://makowiec.org/

    Joe Makowiec, Jan 30, 2005
  5. Rudy Benner

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "Joe Makowiec" <> wrote in message
    > On 30 Jan 2005 in rec.photo.digital, Rudy Benner wrote:
    >
    >> I am interesting in getting a strobe for my underwater camera, the
    >> INON product seems to have merit. Does anyone know of a dealer in
    >> Canada? Shipping from the USA is a royal pain in the ass.

    > Doesn't look good. From their North American website:
    >
    > http://inonamerica.com/howtobuy.php
    >
    > The corporate parent site is here:
    >
    > http://www.inon.co.jp/
    >
    > They have a UK affiliate/organization; I don't know if that would be any
    > better shipping to Canada.
    >
    > --
    > Joe Makowiec
    > http://makowiec.org/
    > Email: http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe

    I received an email from Jason Schaller, General Manager, Inon America Inc.
    He was very helpful. Turns out that I can order my stuff direct from them. I
    downloaded a whole whack of PDF files and waded through a lot of data on
    their webpages. The more I see, the more impressed I am with their system.

    I have several options. Try to decypher it myself. Tell them what I have and
    let them tell me what I need. Drive down to Minnisota and purchase what I
    need right in their shop. Hey, its only a 10 hour drive, each way, I could
    be home for lunch in a couple of days. What could be simpler. I even have a
    new passport, so getting into and out of the USA would be no problem.

    Don't worry, I will come to my senses later today.

    R.

    Rudy Benner, Jan 30, 2005