    1,118
    Tech Power Up review the Inno3D iChill GTX 260 896 MB video card, which offers quiet but high end performance:

    Read more here.

    Ian, Mar 2, 2009

  2. Ian

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I'll be in the market for a nice video card in a few months. I'm thinking about the nVidia 285 as a single card solution to drive a 25.5" panel. I wonder how well this iChill GTX 260 will do the job?

    bigal, Mar 3, 2009

  3. Ian

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,118
    Wow, a 25.5" panel? :D What resolution is that?

    Ian, Mar 3, 2009
  4. Ian

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It's 1920 X 1200. I've just purchased a few parts for this new system - the AMD (of course) Phenom II 940 and a WD 1 TB HD (black edition). I have the Zalman 9900 CPU cooler arriving today. I still need to decide upon a motherboard (probably Asus), memory (4GB or 8GB), OS (Windows 7 beta or Vista 64-bit SP1) and video card. I have a Coolermaster case, a 750W Coolermaster PSU, 2 optical drives and a media reader in my bundle of goodies from last year. I expect to build this system up by mid-April but I'm waiting for the right motherboard to come along.

    bigal, Mar 4, 2009
  5. Ian

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,118
    You're going to have quite a system there! I'm using Windows 7 beta at the moment and I really like it, it's faster than Vista that's for sure.

    Ian, Mar 4, 2009
  6. Ian

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Thanks. I wish I could afford it but it has been a year since I built my last system - I've waited long enough, right? Anyway, I am running the 32-bit version of Windows 7 beta on an old Athlon XP machine. I obtained a license key for the 64-bit verision last night but they are no longer providing downloads. I have the previous download on a DVD; do you think it is capable of both 32-bit and 64-bit installs? I bet I only downloaded the 32-bit version and now I'm stuck. I may have to purchase Vista 64-bit SP1. I know that I must get a 64-bit OS to support the extra RAM. Suggestions?

    bigal, Mar 5, 2009
  7. Ian

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,118
    Unfortunately the 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 7 are different ISOs :( The RC version of W7 should be out in the not too distant future, so you'll be able to test the 64bit version of that :)

    Ian, Mar 5, 2009
  8. Ian

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    That figures. So I have a 32-bit version that is good for a couple of installs. I need to find somebody with a 64-bit version that I can trade with. I have a 64-bit key so once you are in the Microsoft beta loop they allow you to get a key for the other version. Know anyone with a 64-bit ISO for Windows 7 beta?

    bigal, Mar 6, 2009
  9. Ian

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,118
    'fraid not, I'm using the 32bit version. You will be able to get the 62 bit beta from torrent sites though, as it is all over the place :)

    Ian, Mar 6, 2009
  10. Ian

    bigal

    Joined: