    Anyway, has anyone tried using this?

    Second question.. where is the cheapest place to buy epson ink (genuine)

    Thanks

    Nova, Jan 25, 2006

  2. Nova

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:22:10 +1300, Nova <> wrote:

    >As the cost of using these printers is fairly high, am always looking
    >for cutting the costs... (ink and paper)
    >
    >i was in the warehouse last night and noticed they had "photo quality
    >glossy paper" 100 with 165 gsm sheets for $32 which is pretty
    >reasonable, some brand called Alco.
    >
    >This is their everyday quality, they do have a premium quality glossy
    >photo paper too.
    >
    >Anyway, has anyone tried using this?
    >
    >Second question.. where is the cheapest place to buy epson ink (genuine)

    I haven't compared anything, but I would suggest checking out Corporate
    Consumables. Last time I got one for my HP they had the best price.
    www.corpcons.co.nz Prices *exclude* GST.

    You can avoid any freight charges by just going in and buying the item.
    Branches in Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch, Dunedin, Nelson.

    DSE & Noel Leeming have been the same price in the past though.
    www.dse.co.nz and www.noelleeming.co.nz

    Craig Shore, Jan 26, 2006

  3. On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:38:55 +1300, Craig Shore
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:22:10 +1300, Nova <> wrote:
    >
    >>As the cost of using these printers is fairly high, am always looking
    >>for cutting the costs... (ink and paper)
    >>
    >>i was in the warehouse last night and noticed they had "photo quality
    >>glossy paper" 100 with 165 gsm sheets for $32 which is pretty
    >>reasonable, some brand called Alco.
    >>
    >>This is their everyday quality, they do have a premium quality glossy
    >>photo paper too.
    >>
    >>Anyway, has anyone tried using this?
    >>
    >>Second question.. where is the cheapest place to buy epson ink (genuine)

    >I haven't compared anything, but I would suggest checking out Corporate
    >Consumables. Last time I got one for my HP they had the best price.
    >www.corpcons.co.nz Prices *exclude* GST.
    >
    >You can avoid any freight charges by just going in and buying the item.
    >Branches in Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch, Dunedin, Nelson.
    >
    >DSE & Noel Leeming have been the same price in the past though.
    >www.dse.co.nz and www.noelleeming.co.nz

    Warehouse Stationary usually has good prices, but I always shop around
    each time to make sure. Ink is so expensive.

    Stephen Worthington, Jan 26, 2006
  4. Nova

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Stephen Worthington" <34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote in
    message news:...
    > On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:38:55 +1300, Craig Shore
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:22:10 +1300, Nova <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>As the cost of using these printers is fairly high, am always looking
    >>>for cutting the costs... (ink and paper)
    >>>
    >>>i was in the warehouse last night and noticed they had "photo quality
    >>>glossy paper" 100 with 165 gsm sheets for $32 which is pretty
    >>>reasonable, some brand called Alco.
    >>>
    >>>This is their everyday quality, they do have a premium quality glossy
    >>>photo paper too.
    >>>
    >>>Anyway, has anyone tried using this?
    >>>
    >>>Second question.. where is the cheapest place to buy epson ink (genuine)

    >>I haven't compared anything, but I would suggest checking out Corporate
    >>Consumables. Last time I got one for my HP they had the best price.
    >>www.corpcons.co.nz Prices *exclude* GST.
    >>
    >>You can avoid any freight charges by just going in and buying the item.
    >>Branches in Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch, Dunedin, Nelson.
    >>
    >>DSE & Noel Leeming have been the same price in the past though.
    >>www.dse.co.nz and www.noelleeming.co.nz

    > Warehouse Stationary usually has good prices, but I always shop around
    > each time to make sure. Ink is so expensive.

    What is sold as cheap "glossy photo paper" is often just semi glossy paper.
    It falls in between good glossy paper and good standard injet paper.

    The Warehouse Alco paper gives fairly good results for all that. The best
    glossy paper is the samples that came with my Canon printer. It's top
    stuff, for those special photos it would be worth paying for the real good
    genuine glossy paper instead of the semi glossy paper.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Jan 26, 2006
  5. Nova

    XP Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:23:13 GMT, Stephen Worthington
    <34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote:

    >On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:38:55 +1300, Craig Shore
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:22:10 +1300, Nova <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>As the cost of using these printers is fairly high, am always looking
    >>>for cutting the costs... (ink and paper)
    >>>
    >>>i was in the warehouse last night and noticed they had "photo quality
    >>>glossy paper" 100 with 165 gsm sheets for $32 which is pretty
    >>>reasonable, some brand called Alco.
    >>>
    >>>This is their everyday quality, they do have a premium quality glossy
    >>>photo paper too.
    >>>
    >>>Anyway, has anyone tried using this?
    >>>
    >>>Second question.. where is the cheapest place to buy epson ink (genuine)

    >>I haven't compared anything, but I would suggest checking out Corporate
    >>Consumables. Last time I got one for my HP they had the best price.
    >>www.corpcons.co.nz Prices *exclude* GST.
    >>
    >>You can avoid any freight charges by just going in and buying the item.
    >>Branches in Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch, Dunedin, Nelson.
    >>
    >>DSE & Noel Leeming have been the same price in the past though.
    >>www.dse.co.nz and www.noelleeming.co.nz

    >Warehouse Stationary usually has good prices, but I always shop around
    >each time to make sure. Ink is so expensive.

    ALL far to dear, try this firm..

    http://www.inkpost.co.nz/defaultMAIN.asp

    Or get the good Pommy Jeteck ones that hold 30% more ink..

    http://computerone.co.nz/store/customer/product.php?productid=745&cat=&page=7

    Made in the UK..

    XP, Jan 26, 2006
  6. Nova

    frederick Guest

    Nova wrote:
    > As the cost of using these printers is fairly high, am always looking
    > for cutting the costs... (ink and paper)
    >
    > i was in the warehouse last night and noticed they had "photo quality
    > glossy paper" 100 with 165 gsm sheets for $32 which is pretty
    > reasonable, some brand called Alco.
    >
    > This is their everyday quality, they do have a premium quality glossy
    > photo paper too.
    >
    > Anyway, has anyone tried using this?
    >
    > Second question.. where is the cheapest place to buy epson ink (genuine)
    >
    > Thanks

    The warehouse carries stock of "Printasia" (sp?) brand, which is made by
    Ilford, and AFAIK pretty good quality (I use Ilford "Galerie" paper).
    For inkjet photo paper, there are two basic types, Swellable Polymer,
    and "Micro-Porous" - sometimes called ceramic coated or "fast-dry".
    Labels for cheap brands are often not too specific about what type the
    paper is.
    If your printer uses dye based inks, then either type will work, but
    print longevity / fading with the micro-porous papers will probably be
    very poor. If your printer uses pigment based inks, then the
    Swellable Polymer type papers are unsuitable, as the ink pigment
    particles do not penetrate the swellable polymer coating, and sit
    unbound on the surface looking muddy coloured and rubbing off easily. A
    catch is that many photo papers are labelled as "suitable for all inkjet
    printers" when they are not. They either give lousy results with
    pigment printers, or poor longevity with dye printers.

    For Epson ink, I buy from Consumables
    (https://www.consumables.co.nz/default.asp)
    So far, they have delivered all orders to me o/night in Christchurch at
    reasonable prices - cartridge prices include the courier charge. I have
    not bought paper from them, as despite carrying a reasonable range of
    OEM papers at reasonable but not spectacular prices, they don't carry
    stock of non-OEM quality photo papers.

    frederick, Jan 26, 2006
  7. Nova

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:31:01 +1300, XP
    <> wrote:

    >ALL far to dear, try this firm..
    >
    >http://www.inkpost.co.nz/defaultMAIN.asp

    Tried my cart, Corporate Consumables was a few cents cheaper.
    Tried one Epson and inkpost was a few dollars cheaper.

    Guess it depends on the cart you want.

    Craig Shore, Jan 27, 2006
  8. Nova

    XP Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 22:31:06 +1300, Craig Shore <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:31:01 +1300, XP
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>ALL far to dear, try this firm..
    >>
    >>http://www.inkpost.co.nz/defaultMAIN.asp

    >Tried my cart, Corporate Consumables was a few cents cheaper.
    >Tried one Epson and inkpost was a few dollars cheaper.
    >
    >Guess it depends on the cart you want.

    No I and referring to the Real Epson ones that they sell.

    XP, Jan 27, 2006
  9. Nova

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 07:54:26 +1300, XP
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 22:31:06 +1300, Craig Shore <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:31:01 +1300, XP
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>ALL far to dear, try this firm..
    >>>
    >>>http://www.inkpost.co.nz/defaultMAIN.asp

    >>Tried my cart, Corporate Consumables was a few cents cheaper.
    >>Tried one Epson and inkpost was a few dollars cheaper.
    >>
    >>Guess it depends on the cart you want.
    >>

    >No I and referring to the Real Epson ones that they sell.

    That's what I was looking at too.

    Craig Shore, Jan 29, 2006