    3min.

    Thanks
    Tom

    Tom Monego, Feb 22, 2004

  2. Tom Monego

    Lucas Tam Guest

    (Tom Monego) wrote in
    news:kG3_b.42614$:

    > I am a big
    > believer in ink jets, but they are just too slow and most (Epson 2200,
    > 4000 and some new HPs) the ink just doesn't last.

    How about a Continous Reinking System:

    http://www.inkjetsusa.com/ijc_bulk.html

    http://www.weink.com/ecom/catalog/for_epson_324373_products.htm

    You'll be able to print page upon page of prints. Or how about the Canon
    i9xxx series? Ink for that series is dirt cheap - and the prints are
    comparable to the Epson 2200.

    P.S. Why doesn't your admin like the idea of a Dye Sub? Are they too
    expensive?

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Feb 22, 2004

  3. Tom Monego

    Tom Monego Guest

    In article <Xns949771D498183nntprogerscom@140.99.99.130>,
    says...

    Tom Monego, Feb 22, 2004
  4. Tom Monego

    Tom Monego Guest

    Sorry I hit send early.
    I only cycle tyhrough this office once a week, don't think the others could
    handle a continuous inking system, after all this is what I have in my studio.
    We have the dye sub, but the administrators keep needling that it is so
    expensive, just want to get some ink cartridge to prints at about 80%
    coverage. I know with my 1200 Epson said approx 30 8.5x11 prints per cart set.
    Problem is I don't have that literature any more. 30 prints is a weeks work.
    Just wanted some real world estimsates. Not that I can't trust Epson ;-)

    Tom

    Tom Monego, Feb 22, 2004
  5. On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:13:20 GMT, (Tom
    Monego) wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I'm running into an administrator at work that dislikes they idea that I
    >recommended a dye sub printer for doing diagnostic imaging of the retina of the
    >eye. I'm telling her that an inkjet that the doc can diagnose from will cast
    >almost as much as the dye sub ($1.70 per 8.5x11) and be much slower. I am a big
    >believer in ink jets, but they are just too slow and most (Epson 2200, 4000 and
    >some new HPs) the ink just doesn't last.
    >What I need to know is on max quality how many letter sized print you get from
    >a cartridge. Most of my inkjet printing is with continuous inking systems so I
    >have lost those facts. BTW an Epson 9000 takes 6min to rip and print one of
    >these images my C82 and 1200 took over 12min. Our Sony Dyesub UP-D70A takes
    >3min.

    Current Canon inkjet printers are seriously fast,
    particularly compared to Epsons. And there are
    CIS systems available for them -- try either
    Mediastreet or WeInk.com (among others.)

    I'm using a WeInk CIS, with Mediastreet inks,
    on a Canon S9000.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    Raphael Bustin, Feb 22, 2004