    | Science Fiction Timeline Site |
    | http://www.chronology.org/ |
    | Tolkien ... Babylon 5 ... Niven ... Pournelle |
    Lawrence King, Aug 3, 2003

  2. Lawrence King

    CSM1 Guest

    "Lawrence King" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How long does it take a photo-quality inkjet to dry, if you're using
    > high-quality glossy photo paper?
    >
    > I'm using a Canon i950, with Ilford Galerie Classic Glossy paper.
    >
    > The Ilford paper has the following warning: "The paper can be handled
    > immediately after printing; however, it should be fully dried prior to
    > storing or stacking." Does this mean that the ink is _mostly_ dry
    > when it comes out, but you can't stack them because they aren't
    > completely dry yet? Or is there some other reason you can't stack them?
    >

    > | Larry King \\|// |
    > | univ of washington (@ @) |
    > |---------------------------------------------------oOO-(_)-OOo-----|
    > | Science Fiction Timeline Site |
    > | http://www.chronology.org/ |
    > | Tolkien ... Babylon 5 ... Niven ... Pournelle |

    I would give the prints about 24 hours to dry, before stacking them. The
    more ink the longer it takes to dry.

    Ever test stamp pad ink on a glossy surface? Takes forever to dry!.
    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    CSM1, Aug 3, 2003

  3. Lawrence King

    Bill Hilton Guest

    > How long does it take a photo-quality inkjet to dry, if you're using
    > high-quality glossy photo paper?
    >
    > I'm using a Canon i950, with Ilford Galerie Classic Glossy paper.

    On the Epsons I'm using some of the prints are dry almost immediately, others
    take up to 24 hours to dry down (the colors will shift a bit too), so it
    depends on the paper you're using and the inks. Dunno about the Canon but
    that's what the Epsons do.
    Bill Hilton, Aug 3, 2003
  4. Lawrence King

    Tony Walpole Guest

    In article <>, Lawrence King
    <> writes
    >How long does it take a photo-quality inkjet to dry, if you're using
    >high-quality glossy photo paper?
    >
    >I'm using a Canon i950, with Ilford Galerie Classic Glossy paper.
    >
    >The Ilford paper has the following warning: "The paper can be handled
    >immediately after printing; however, it should be fully dried prior to
    >storing or stacking." Does this mean that the ink is _mostly_ dry
    >when it comes out, but you can't stack them because they aren't
    >completely dry yet? Or is there some other reason you can't stack them?
    >

    >| Larry King \\|// |
    >| univ of washington (@ @) |
    >| Science Fiction Timeline Site |
    >| http://www.chronology.org/ |
    >| Tolkien ... Babylon 5 ... Niven ... Pournelle |

    ....a hair dryer works well!
    (Obviously move it around to avoid hotspots)
    --
    Tony Walpole
    Tony Walpole, Aug 5, 2003